A QuickBooks user can get QuickBooks error PS077 when he or she is downloading Payroll updates. This error makes it difficult for a user of QuickBooks accounting software to carry out his or her payroll related work smoothly.
QuickBooks Payroll update error PS077 flashes on the screen with the message that your QuickBooks accounting software is having a problem while installing payroll tax table update.
Further, in this blog, we will learn why this error occurs, what are its symptoms and how this error can be resolved.
Why QuickBooks Error PS077 occurs?
Payroll Error PS077 can occur due to a variety of reasons. Some of the reasons are given below –
- A payroll folder or components’ tax table file is invalid, corrupted or damaged.
- Your QuickBooks is not registered.
- Outdated or incorrect billing information.
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company file.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error PS077?
QuickBooks update error PS077 can occur with the following symptoms –
- User is unable to download payroll updates.
- Tax table fails to get updated.
- On the computer screen of the user, QuickBooks error PS077 message pops up.
- When this error appears, QuickBooks hangs.
- This error causes the computer to perform slowly.
Steps to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
In order to fix error PS077 QuickBooks, you are required to follow the steps given below. It is not necessary that you have to follow all of these to resolve the problem.
- If in case, MacAfee antivirus is installed on your PC, you may have to seek technical help in doing the following –
- Stop the real-time scanning feature. After that, try again downloading and installing payroll updates. If you are able to update, move to step c. If you are not able to update, move to step b.
- Restart the computer in safe mode with networking. After that try again downloading and installing payroll updates. If you are able to update, move to step c. If you are not able to update or getting QuickBooks error PS077, move to step c.
- Configure MacAfee antivirus. Make sure it allows QuickBooks updates to occur. If you are not able to update or QuickBooks Error PS077 is flashing on the screen, move to step 2.
- Register QuickBooks software. Updated the software to the latest release from Intuit.
- Check whether billing information is correct and fully updated.
- In this step, the QuickBooks user is required to repair the QuickBooks. He or she has to ensure that a data file which is still having the accountant’s copy out is not being updated.
- If in case, Microsoft Windows Vista, 7 or Windows 8 is running on your PC, User Account Control (UAC) should be turned off. After that update application again.
- Go to QB home and press the F2 key. A product information window will open.
- Note down the QuickBooks license number.
- Click on the OK button to close the window.
- In this step, you have to check whether you have one or more installation of QuickBooks Desktop. Only one installation should be there. If in case, you are using a system with a server, then you may find two QuickBooks Desktop versions installed. One version will be your QB Desktop and the other one will be QuickBooks Desktop database server.
Also Read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6154?
If in case, more than one version is installed, follow these steps –
- First of all, back up the company file.
- Now, look for any applications that are opened. If you find any, close it.
- Open the Control Panel in your computer.
- Go to Add or Remove Programs.
- If in case, you are using the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system, go to Programs and Features.
- Scroll through the list of installed programs and look for multiple versions of QuickBooks. If in case, only one version is there, do not continue with steps given below. If there are multiple versions, choose the version you want to uninstall. In Microsoft Windows Vista, choose Uninstall/Change. In other versions of Windows, you have to choose Change/Remove.
- The installation wizard will appear on the screen.
- Now, choose Next, then click on the Remove button, and then on Next.
- You will find that the error message has an option to go online in order to complete the update. If in case you are prompted, choose Yes to get the update.
- If in case, your data file is located on a server, you are required to close QuickBooks on all workstations. Now, you have to run Payroll update from the server. If you are able to update on the server, then all other installed QB versions are also to be updated by you.
- If in case, there is only one QuickBooks installation, you have to do a QuickBooks clean install in selective startup. For multiple QB installations, you are required to remove additional QuickBooks installations.
- Now, reset QuickBooks update and download latest payroll tax tables.
- In this step, you are required to resort lists. After this, make use of Verify Data/Rebuild Data process. Take into consideration that you have to rebuild data only if necessary.
- In this final step, you have to do a clean uninstall/reinstall in selective startup.
- Now, check for or getting QuickBooks error PS077.
If you are finding any difficulty in applying the above steps to fix QuickBooks error PS077, or if this error does not get fixed, you can call us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Number 1-855-857-0824 to get expert technical assistance. Our highly experienced QuickBooks support professionals are experts in fixing all types of issues and errors occurring in QuickBooks.