QuickBooks is one of the amazing accounting solutions that come with lots of exciting features and functionalities. You can get more to your business by saving time on bookkeeping in QuickBooks. There can be various customizable features that can be availed of in QuickBooks software. However, all such features do not make QuickBooks free from technical glitches. And, one such common error is QuickBooks Error 1406.
You might be encountered with the same error code while trying to install the QuickBooks software. If you are also getting the same error code on your PC, then try to resolve it manually. If you are new to handle such errors, contact our professionals.
What is QuickBooks Error 1406?
QuickBooks Error 1406 encounters when you are attempting to update QuickBooks software. Additionally, you might also experience the same issue due to any damage to your Windows Registry. There might be various examples in which the error might encounter. To get rid of the error 1406 QuickBooks, you first need to trigger the root causes for the same and then, go through the under-mentioned solutions. And, try to make the software free of bugs with the help of this post.
You May Also Read About: QuickBooks Error 1402
Causes Behind the Occurrence of QuickBooks Error 1406
After identifying the error 1406 QuickBooks, it will be easy to troubleshoot the issue. Below, you can discover the list consisting of all the possible reasons behind the error occurrence. You are required to identify all the instances in which the QuickBooks Error 1406 takes place.
- You will be unable to access files due to the hindrance of a firewall or other security programs.
- A corrupted Windows Installer may also cause QB Error 1406.
- Due to a damaged Windows registry, you have to deal with the error 1406 QuickBooks.
Methods to deal with QuickBooks Error 1406
The following is a list of solutions that might guide you to fix QB Error 1406. You might get stuck in some instances while trying any of the subsequent solutions. If so, you can call one of our professionals who can guide you to fix all the issues related to QuickBooks.
Method 1: Use a Clean Install Tool for System Configuration
- First of all, you need to go simultaneously.
- After that, write MSconfig in the tab and press OK.
- You have to click on the General tab and choose Selective Startup, and Load Startup Items.
- Next, select the Services tab and click on Hide all Microsoft Services.
- You need to choose to Disable all.
- Now, click on Hide all Microsoft Services.
- And then, check the list of services.
- Make sure that you have selected the Windows Installer.
- Choose Restart after selecting the System Configuration Window.
- Finally, you can install, uninstall, or reinstall by using a clean install tool.
Steps to restore the system to its normal configuration
- Firstly, press and hold Ctrl + R to access the Run command.
- Then, write MSconfig and press Ok.
- You have to go to the General tab and choose Normal Startup.
- Press Ok.
- Finally, choose to Restart the system.
Method 2: Check your Windows Registry
- First of all, make sure that the system and Administrator have complete control access.
- You must have access to the following path. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaSTOR registry key.
- Finally, make sure that all keys are set to the Administrators group.
Method 3: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly, you need to download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.exe file from the official website of Intuit.
- After that, save the downloaded file to your desktop.
- Next, access the tool to fix the error 1406 QuickBooks.
- Finally, you have to wait till the procedure gets finished.
Method 4: Log in to the Workstation using the Admin Credentials
- Firstly, go to the Start option and choose Programs.
- After that, choose System Tools.
- You need to select the System Restore.
- Next, restore the system with earlier settings and press Next.
- Choose the recent system restore point and press Next.
- You are required to select next on the Confirmation tab.
- Finally, restart your PC.
You May Also Read About: QuickBooks Error 3140
QuickBooks Error 1406 might be tricky to handle and can frustrate you as well. However, you don’t have to get panic. All the possible solutions have been mentioned in the aforementioned article that may help you out. In our advice, if you are new to handle such technical errors or bugs, you should not apply the solutions by yourself. You can take the assistance of our team to resolve such error codes without hampering your system.
If you are troubled to connect with our team, dial our toll-free Error Support Phone Number ( 1-855-857-0824).