What Is the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool?
The QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool is designed to handle multiple issues that could occur during the installation of QuickBooks, and with the .NET Framework, the MSXML, and your C++. This tool should be able to automatically diagnose issues and repair them all. It is recommended that you perform a QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool download and install, before using manual methods to resolve your errors.
What Does the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Resolve?
Once you use the Install Diagnostic Tool, QuickBooks installation errors should get resolved automatically. You can use it to fix the following errors –
- Error Code 1603
- .NET Framework errors
- Error Code 1935
- MSXML damage
- Error Code 1904
- C++ related errors
- Error Code 1402
- QuickBooks unrecoverable error
- QuickBooks has stopped working errors
How to Download, Install and Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool?
To download, install and run Install Diagnostic Tool QuickBooks, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, go to the Intuit website to download the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- When prompted, save the QB Install Tool file to the desktop.
- If you any open programs on your PC, just close them before proceeding further.
- Look for the Install Diagnostic Tool QuickBooks file, which is an .exe file on your desktop.
- Double-click the .exe file.
- You will find that QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool will get opened.
- A license agreement window will appear.
- Look for the Yes button and click on it.
- To run the scan, click on the Proceed button.
- When you see that the scan has finished, you are required to restart the PC.
- After using the tool, it may be required that you have to register again your QB or again activate your QB.
- Update your Windows operating system.
- Finally, restart your system.
“This blog only helps to resolve errors with the Microsoft Windows Operating System. Make sure you take the help of an IT professional in case you face errors with updating Windows.“
Resolving QuickBooks Desktop Installation Errors:
Other than this tool, you can find multiple other solutions for these errors. Here is a list of all ways to resolve these errors –
Solution 1: Running the Install Diagnostic Tool QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Download from the OEM site.
- Make sure that you save the file on your Windows desktop.
- Close any programs that might be running in the background. Run this tool only after you’ve done so.
- This tool could take a while (up to 20 minutes to run completely) based on your internet speed as well as your computer specifications.
- Once you’ve run the tool, restart your system. This will ensure that QuickBooks components are updated correctly.
Solution 2: Download the latest updates for Windows
In case, you would like to fix your issues with the .NET Framework, C++, or the MSXML, you can also try and download the latest updates for your operating system. This is because an outdated operating system can prevent you from installing or opening your QuickBooks correctly. Follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type in Windows Update in the search bar.
- Then, simply follow the instructions on your screen.
- Once you have installed these updates, just restart your computer.
Solution 3: Fix these errors manually
If in case, the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool doesn’t fix your issues, then the next step is to attempt to fix each component manually. This method is only recommended for more advanced users. Newer users who aren’t sure, should not try it, as even a single mistake could lead to major loss of data.
Solution 4: Use the selective startup method
- Press the Windows key and R(+ R) on your keyboard at the same time.
- Type in msconfig.
- Click on OK.
- From the Window that opens, open the General tab.
- Click on Selective Startup, and then load system services.
- From the services tab, uncheck Hide all Microsoft services.
- Click on disable all.
- Restart your system.
Hope this helps!
That is all for our guide on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. We hope you learned something from this article. In case, you need more help with QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool, or if you are unable to resolve installation errors or issues related to .NET Framework, C++, and MSXML, you need the help of our certified QuickBooks experts. You are welcome to contact our experts at QuickBooks Desktop Support Phone Number 1-855-857-0824.