QuickBooks Database Server Manager plays an important role by creating network data files, files with extension .nd, for any company files that are located on the host computer. Also, QuickBooks Server Manager Update keeps track of the local hard drives and configure new company files. You can download QuickBooks Database Server Manager to avail of its features.
How to the Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
- Find QuickBooks Installer and start the installation wizard. If there is an active internet connection, then press YES, else press NO.
- Now click NEXT after accepting the terms.
- Select Custom & Network.
- Select the Installation type and if you are using QuickBooks on a different computer then enter the License Number for verification.
- Once you have selected the installation type, now click YES (Allow access).
- Press on the positive options and move further to set up the QB Database Server Manager option.
How to Set-up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
QuickBooks Database Server Manager enables you to scan and monitor the QuickBooks Company file and then configure it for the QuickBooks Multi-User access.
- Launch QuickBooks Server Manager.
- Select the Scan Folder option.
- In case unsure of the company file folder, you can scan the entire disk.
- Press Scan to display all the files on your server.
- Run QuickBooks Database manager in the Hosting files. You can utilize the service administration tool to configure QuickBooksDBXX’
You May Also Read: Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 832
Points that should be taken into consideration:
- The monitor drive feature will keep the database up-to-date whenever you add new files to the server. Therefore, you can analyze, add, remove and rename QB company files easily.
- The data server feature provides the number of company files connected to the server. You are also able to know the number of users logged into every company files through it.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager Update feature enables you to update the QuickBooks Server manager.
- The system feature will let you know how to find system information on the installation place of the QB Database Server Manager update.
How to run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
- Click on the Start Menu.
- Choose Programs.
- Run QuickBooks and select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
How to scan Folders?
- Firstly, launch the QuickBooks Database Manager.
- Select Scan Folders.
- You can scan the entire local drive if you do not know the exact location of company files.
- Lastly, select Scan.
Steps to Update QuickBooks Server Manager
It may become necessary for you to perform the QuickBooks Database Server Manager update periodically. Usually, carrying out database server manager update gets important when a new version of QB Desktop has been installed on the computer, or if in case, Intuit has released an important update to the current year.
- First of all, download the latest QuickBooks Desktop.
- Reboot the server once the patch is installed.
- If the server is updated you will see a message- The company file requires to use this version of QuickBooks.
- You will see a prompt to make a backup of the company file. Ensure to make a backup file as the updates will affect the settings.
- After the backup is completed, you will be able to open your file.
In case, you are experiencing any issues while installing, setting up or updating QuickBooks Database Server Manager or want any kind of information regarding the same, then immediately contact us at our QuickBooks Desktop Support Number on 1-855-857-0824 (Toll-Free) to get expert assistance.