We all know, QuickBooks is a perfect accounting software utilized by small & mid-sized businesses to track the complex accounting data systematically. This accounting software is trusted by millions of business owners and used on a global scale. However, you might face some error codes while working on QuickBooks occasionally. There can be various reasons behind the occurrence of such error codes and bugs. Corrupted hardware or some missing files can be the reasons behind such errors. QuickBooks error code 61 is an example of these error codes that may also happen at the time of using the software.
Here in this blog, we will discuss all the related aspects to QuickBooks Error 61. Along with this, all the possible solutions for the same error have also been mentioned. So you just need to read the article carefully and follow the solutions respectively.
Introducing: QuickBooks Error 61
QuickBooks Error code appears at the time of printing, refreshing, including accounts, downloading, erasing, uninstalling, sending out on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 due to the corrupted hardware. Moreover, you may face QB error 61 while launching the company file. Improper installation of the software may also lead to the error code 61. In order to get rid of the same, you first need to know the causes behind this issue. After that, try to resolve it by following the below-mentioned solutions.
What causes QuickBooks Error 61?
This error can occur due to various factors such as –
- The problem in framework activity.
- An invalid section has been left in the Windows registry by an uninstalled program or application.
- Your PC is infected with a virus or some other malware.
- The framework has been shut down because of a power cut or some other reason.
- An essential framework or registry passage is missing.
- An activity of a framework or application segment has failed to run.
Solutions to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 61
Create a backup of your QuickBooks company file before you proceed with the following solutions for fixing QuickBooks Error 61–
Solution 1: Access QuickBooks Data Utility
Run QuickBooks Rebuild Data utility by following these steps –
- Open the File menu.
- Go to Utilities and Rebuild Data.
- Click Ok on the window.
- Complete the backup by following the prompts.
- If you are getting the message that QuickBooks is not responding, check if your mouse cursor is moving. If yes, you have to wait as the rebuilding process is still ongoing.
- When the rebuilding process has completed, press OK.
Solution 2: Create a New QuickBooks Account
- Go to the main menu of QuickBooks and click Charts of Accounts.
- Place a checkmark against the Include Inactive box.
- Go to View on the menu bar.
- Now, choose Re-sort List.
- A message will pop up asking whether you want to return this list to its original order.
- Click OK on the message pop up window to continue.
- Now, you have to again verify the QB company file.
- If the error is present, move to the next step.
- Now, create a new QB account. The corrupt account should automatically combine with the new account.
- Now, open the company file. If you are able to do so, it means QuickBooks Error 61 is resolved.
Solution 3: Run the Reimage Repair tool
- First of all, download the Reimage Repair Tool.
- Right-click on the tool.
- Select Open.
- Client Account Control will ask you to run the program. Click OK to do so.
- Click Yes to install. If a checkmark is already present on the box, uncheck it.
- You should have a stable and good-speed internet connection so that the Reimage Repair Tool can be installed and updated.
- Reimage Tool will put your computer to sweep in order to determine the condition of your PC.
- A screen will appear that will show the damages and repair recommendations.
- Click on the Start Repair to begin the repairing process.
- After the repair process has completed, restart your PC.
- Open QuickBooks and check whether Error 61 is resolved.
Solution 4: Update the Company file
- First of all, you have to launch the newest version of QuickBooks.
- Go to File.
- Select Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Open Company File.
- Click Next.
- Find your data file.
- Open the file.
- When a message reading Move the File appears, follow the given instructions.
- Under Update Company File for New Version, you will get some information. Note it.
- Click Update Now and then do as given in the instructions.
- A message will appear that will ask whether you want to open company file using QuickBooks’ newer version. Click Yes to continue.
- Create a copy of the backup.
- Now, perform a search for *.qbw files.
- Sign-in into your account by going to employees.
- Choose My Payroll Service.
- Click on Account Info.
- Check whether QuickBooks Error 61 is fixed.
The aforementioned solutions will be enough for resolving QuickBooks Error 61. If for any cause, the error code 61 still remains the same and unable to resolve even after applying the above-mentioned solutions, quickly get in touch with our technicians. We will provide you quick fixes to get rid of every issue related to the QuickBooks software. To get connected with our team of experts, you are required to dial our toll-free QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number 1-855-857-0824. We not only provide the solutions to resolve the errors occurring in QuickBooks but also you can take assistance to learn your accounting software.