QuickBooks POS Error 121 occurs when you sign in with other than the ‘System admin.’ QuickBooks Error 121 says- ‘you do not have permission to choose the time-outs.’
QuickBooks Point Of Sale Error 121 is called as the Permission denied error and the error stops you from installing any updated in the software. If the user needs to install Updates, then we need to use ‘Sysadmin’ as a username& password.
What leads to QuickBooks POS Error 121?
- The error appears when someone is logged in as a ‘Guest User.’
- It will show a pop-up message saying ‘QB Point of Sale Error 121 denies access and you cannot have the authorization to select from the timeouts’.
Note: When you go to the software update section in QuickBooks Point of Sale, then look for the software update to amend the issue. Ensure to download the software and then run it on the server.
Solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error 121
To rectify QuickBooks Error 121, you need to remove all data & info from the Entitlement Client folder & search for WSAactivity.xml.record. Ensure to close Point of Sale before performing the below steps.
Close all Point of Sale Processes and Services
- Firstly, Open Task Manager
- Now go to the ‘Processes ’
- Search and end the below processes:
- Now close the Task Manager
- Press Windows+R when you see a search window
- Now enter Services.msc
- In the services window, look for QuickBooks Point of Sale Database Manager XXXX
- Now stop the service
- Shut down the ‘Services Window’.
Delete the Necessary Files
- Display hidden windows Folders
For Windows 8.1 & 8.
- Press Windows Start option
- Choose Control Panel
- Now click ‘Appearance and’
- Select ‘Folder Options’
- Now click the ‘View’ tab
- In the advanced settings, Press ‘Show Hidden files, folders, & drives.’
- Click OK
Windows 7 and Vista
- Right-click on the ‘Windows start option’ and select ‘Open windows explorer.
- Press ‘Organize’ and choose ‘Folder & Search Options’
- Click the ‘View’ tab
- Press ‘Show hidden files and folders’
- Unmark/clear the Checkbox for ‘Hide Protected Operating files’
- Now Press YES on the warning message and press OK.
- Select Tools & choose ‘Folder Options’
- Press on ‘View’ tab & unmark/clear ‘Hide extensions for known file types’
- Choose ‘show hidden files and folders’ & unmark ‘hide protected Operating system files’(recommended)
- Press OK
- Go to the below-given location as per your Operating system:
- For Windows 8 and 8.1- c:\Program data\intuit\entitlement client \v8.0
- For Windows 7 and vista- c:\Program data\intuit\entitlement client\ v8.0
- For XP- c:\documents and settings\all users\ application data\intuit\entitlement client\v8.0
- Now from the keyboard
Click CTRL+A to choose all files in the folder
- Right-click and choose
- Go back to the location – c:\ Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX.
- Now open the INI folder and delete the ‘WSActivity file.’
- Open Point of Sale again & download and install Updates available.
- Next, finish the registration process.
That’s all for this blog. Ensure to follow the above steps as per your QuickBooks Version to resolve QuickBooks POS Error 121. However, if you face any difficulty in amending the problem, then you can speak to a technical expert at the QuickBooks Error Support number 1-855-857-0824.