QuickBooks Error 392 is one such error that may trouble you. When it occurs, it causes Windows to crash. Due to it, the computer crashes frequently, especially while a similar program is being accessed. As a warning, it shows message reading, QuickBooks Error 392. With this error, Windows tends to run very sluggishly and responds slowly.
What causes QuickBooks Error 392?
- When the software installation is incomplete or when the download becomes corrupt.
- Corruption Windows Registry from a recent QuickBooks-related software change (install or uninstall).
- Presence of a Virus or malware infection.
- Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted QuickBooks related files.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 392
- Error 392 crashes the active program window
- Your device often crashes with Error.
- QuickBooks Error Code 392 pops up
- Windows runs in a clumsy manner and responds very slowly
- Your computer often freezes for a couple of minutes or seconds.
When does QuickBooks Error 392 occur?
QuickBooks 392 Error messages can occur –
- While installing Quickbooks
- While QuickBooks is running
- During Windows startup or shutdown
Also Read: How You Can Fix QuickBooks Error 15106?
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 392
You can contact a QuickBooks expert for editing your registry as editing it yourself is not recommended. Any mistake can cause your computer to stop working.
- Press Windows + R keys on Keyboard
- Type ‘re-edit’ in the Run box that opens.
- Select the Error 392 related key that you want to back up.
- From File Menu, press Export.
- Select the folder where you want to save the QuickBooks Backup key.
- Type a name from your File Name box.
- Make sure that the ‘Selected branch’ is selected in the Export Range box.
- Tap on the Save button.
- Now the file will be saved as a .reg file.
In this solution, you have to perform a full malware scan of your computer. This error can take place due to the presence of malware infection in your computer. It can damage, delete or corrupt files. Clean junk files in your system including the temporary folders or files with the help of Disk Cleanup (cleanmgrn). This is not only for QuickBooks Error Code 392 but also for the cleaning of the hard drive. For this:
- Firstly, you have to press Windows + R keys on the keyboard.
- Type ‘cleanmgr’ in the Run box that opens.
- In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, a list of check boxes will have to be selected.
- Check the boxes for the categories that you want to clean.
- Lastly, press OK.
May Also Read: Steps to Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
In this solution, you are required to run Microsoft’s System File Checker tool.
Follow these steps to run this tool –
- Click on the Start in the bottom left of your screen.
- Type these words in the search box – Command Prompt or cmd.
- In the search results, do a right-click on Command Prompt.
- Choose Run as administrator option. If required enter the administrator password.
- If in case, your PC is using Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1 or 8 operating system, you have to run the DISM tool before running the System File Checker (SFC) tool.
- Type SFC /scannow in the Command Prompt window.
- Press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- The System File Checker (SFC) tool will scan and then repair corrupted system files.
- The Command Prompt window should not be closed until the verification process is fully completed.
- Now, check whether QuickBooks Error Code 392 is occurring.
In this solution, you have to use Windows System Restore to undo recent changes in the system.
- Firstly, sign in with the administrator account.
- In the search field on the bottom-left of your screen, type the words system restore.
- System Restore window will get opened.
- Look for the option that restores your PC to a previous time.
- Choose the above option.
- Now, look for the Next button and click on it.
- A confirmation window will appear on the screen.
- Reboot PC.
- Finally, check for QuickBooks 392 Error.
Also Read: Guide to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Com Error
Here, you have to install all Windows updates that are available –
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Now click the Check for updates button.
- Click the Restart Now button after the update has been downloaded on your device.
You can also try other methods to fix QuickBooks Error 392 –
- Update the computer device drivers.
- Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks.
- Perform a clean installation of Windows.
To Sum Up
At this point, we would like to end our article on “QuickBooks Error 392”. Hopefully, you have found the aforementioned post relevant and got all the required information regarding the error. All you need to do is dial our Toll-Free Accountant Squad 1-855-857-0824.