How to successfully UnInstall and Install QuickBooks Desktop?
QuickBooks is accounting software that has been used by many users to manage sales and expenses and keep track of daily transactions. Sometimes, working on this software, users may face bugs and errors. The first solution to deal with such errors is to install QuickBooks again. But, you can’t rectify it just by installing QuickBooks Desktop again. You first need to Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop for Windows then, rename the installation files, and after that reinstall QuickBooks. This whole process is called Uninstall or Install of QuickBooks.
Note: Make sure that you have the QuickBooks Desktop download file, the installation CD and the license number before uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop.
How to uninstall and install the QuickBooks Desktop?
QuickBooks Clean Install Tool involves three processes for the clean install tool QuickBooks. The first one is to uninstall QuickBooks, second is to rename the installed folders and the last one is to re-install QuickBooks.
1. Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly, press Windows + R simultaneously to view the RUN command.
- Open the Control Panel and select OK.
- Choose Programs and Features > Programs List > QuickBooks > Uninstall.
- Lastly, you need to follow the instructions.
When you are done with the uninstallation of QuickBooks Desktop, go to the next step that is renaming the installation folder.
2. Rename the Installation Folders
Now, you need to rename the installation folders to perform an install of QuickBooks. Select Manual rename. You can add “old” at the end of each folder name.
In case, you are unable to access the folders then follow the steps written below:
- Go to the Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager.
- Select Image name in the processes tab.
- Choose QBDBMgr.Exe, QBCFMonitorService.Exe, Qbw32.exe QBDBMgrN.exe, and then choose the end process.
- Select YES when you have the WARNING message.
You May Also Read – QBCFMonitorService Not Running on This Computer [xyz-ihs snippet=”chat-button”]
3. Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
The last step is the QuickBooks reinstallation. Follow the steps written below respectively to QuickBooks reinstall:
- First of all, download the correct installation file for your QuickBooks version.
- Select Downloads and Updates Page > Download Link for your QuickBooks version.
- Select the Product and Version.
- Choose Download.
NOTE: Before installing QuickBooks Desktop, make sure that your system is appropriate for QuickBooks Desktop.
Steps to Install QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks Installation can be done by following the steps written below:
- After downloading QuickBooks Desktop, select Yes to All.
- Choose Next.
- Click on Agree to the Software license agreement.
- Enter the license and product number.
- Select the installation type for your PC that includes the following options:
- Express: This option permits the installer to make suggested choices.
- Custom & Network: select this option only when you want to use multiple versions of QuickBooks or when you utilize QuickBooks to share the data with other users.
- At last, you need to select the location where you will work on QuickBooks:
- Choose a new Install location or to install to the default directory select NEXT.
- Select the Install option.
- Click on Open QuickBooks and activate it.
- Now, you are ready to go.
How to Activate QuickBooks Desktop?
For Windows, you need to undergo the following steps:
- Launch QuickBooks and press F2.
- Check the registration status in the product info Window.
- If the status displays Activated then you may go further.
- If the status is not activated then select OK and shut down Product.
- In the Help menu, select Activate QuickBooks.
For MAC, undergo the following steps:
- Open the QuickBooks menu and choose Register.
- Enter the license and product number and press NEXT.
- Select Register Online.
- Follow the instructions.
The above blog will help you to uninstall and install QuickBooks. If you are unable to perform an installation of QuickBooks, then you can install the QuickBooks clean install tool that will automatically detect the issue and resolves it.