QuickBooks accounting solution is designed and created to improve the productivity of mid and small size businesses. The software consists of various functionalities & features that enable a user to manage finance and accounting with great accuracy. After all, being a software, QuickBooks also suffers from various bugs and error codes similar to other software. QuickBooks Error 6130 is one of these technical errors. This error code occurs when you have not created the backup of your company files. To know more about the error, let’s get into the whole article carefully. As we have discussed all the required points about the QuickBooks 6130 Error.
Firstly, take a look at the introduction of Error 6130 0 QuickBooks.
Define: QuickBooks Error 6130
Generally, while opening the company file, the user has to face the error 6130 QuickBooks on the screen. You should avoid opening the company file directly from the PC and open the file from the PC where it has been placed. This error notifies that “QuickBooks is unable to disconnect from the PC where the company file has been placed”.
Also, the user may encounter the QuickBooks Error 6130 while using the software in QuickBooks multi-user mode.
What Can be the Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code 6130?
Take a look at the list of causes for QuickBooks Error Code 6130. You should know all of them in order to deal with the error code:
- Due to the damage in the company file, the user may encounter the error 6130 0 QuickBooks.
- When the data or program files are damaged, then you also might be encountered code 6130.
- When you have changed the PC name where the data file is hosted.
- If you are unable to access the QuickBooks Desktop files because of the Firewall settings.
- The network connection has been disrupted with the host PC.
- If the user has been restored a backup directly from a flash, then QuickBooks error code 6130 tales place.
- Because of the damaged Windows user.
- When you have opened the company file in the latest version of QuickBooks.
Finally, you have understood all the causes behind the occurrence of the error code 6130 QuickBooks. Now, check out the solutions to get rid of the same.
You May Also Read: Troubleshooting Banking Error: QuickBooks Error 103
Solutions to Deal with QuickBooks Error 6130 0
Here are the solutions to resolve QuickBooks error code 6130 0 without hampering the system:
Solution 1: Make a new Window User
- First of all, click on Windows Start.
- Choose the Control Panel and select User Accounts.
- You are required to choose to Create New User option.
- After that, you need to check that you have selected the Administrator for user type.
- Now, log out of the existing user.
- You have to restart the PC.
- Log in to QuickBooks using recently created users.
- Save the QB company file on the desktop.
- Open QuickBooks again.
- You can run the company file.
Solution 2: Create Damaged Folder Again
- Open the new folder on C:\ drive.
- Now, you need to launch the folder where the company file has been saved.
- Place the .qbw file.
- After that, right-click on the .qbw file and choose Copy.
- You are required to open the new folder by right-clicking on it and choosing Paste.
- In order to share QB company files, you need to set Windows access permissions.
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop and access the file from the new location.
Solution 3: Give new names to .ND and .TLG Files
- First of all, you need to launch the folder where the company file has been saved.
- Right-click on the .ND file and click on Rename.
- You are required to add .old at the end of the .ND file.
- Now, follow the same steps for the .TLG file to rename it.
- In the end, you will be able to launch the QuickBooks company file.
Solution 4: Save QB Company File to the local hard drive
- You need to save the company file to the local C drive.
- Launch the file from the C drive.
- Make a portable file and save it to the C drive.
- Shut down the company file.
- After that, you need to restore the portable file from the C drive.
- You have to save the portable file to the server.
- Close the company file.
- At last, run the company file from the server.
Solution 5: Check QuickBooks is not running as Administrator
- Firstly, right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Click on the Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Now, you need to unmark the Run this program as Administrator.
- Choose the Show Settings for All Users.
- Click on Okay.
- In the end, select Exit and Restart QuickBooks.
Solution 6: Do a Clean Install of QuickBooks
If you are still confronting the error 6130 0 QuickBooks, then you are just left to perform a clean install of QuickBooks. This solution will help you in resolving the error code. Follow the steps written below to do so:
- Go to the File menu and choose Close Company/Logoff
- In case, multiple company files have been opened in the background, then you need to close all of them.
- Choose File and choose Exit.
- After that, right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Click on Run as administrator.
- Make sure you are using the No Company Open screen.
- Go to the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks.
- Choose Options and click on Mark All.
- You need to choose Save.
- Now, click on Update Now.
- Choose Reset Update and then click on Get Updates.
- When you get the Update Complete message on the screen, then choose QuickBooks Desktop.
- Launch QuickBooks.
- Choose Yes only when you will be notified to install the update.
- Restart the PC.
As of now, we assume that you have been successful in resolving QuickBooks Error 6130 on your own. Since we have tried to mention all of the effective solutions in the aforementioned article. In our assumption, you have to apply each solution under the supervision of an expert or technician. So it will not hamper your PC. If you want to hire an expert who will handle all your issues related to the software, then you are recommended to get in touch with our team QuickBooks 24/7 Support Phone Number 1-855-857-0824. Our technicians have experience of more than 10 years in this field and they know how to deal with such issues without damaging QuickBooks.