QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool has been designed to automate the diagnosis that resolves network and multi-user issues. This tool is also known as QuickBooks Network diagnostic tool. It helps in resolving the unsolved errors that take place at the time of launching a company file. Especially in office environments where QuickBooks is being used by multiple users, QuickBooks diagnostic tool shines. It has been configured to identify the errors that occur in company files that are shared across a server, as this is the most common scenario for their occurrence.
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is the perfect solution for those of you looking for assistance with your software, as it will fix all the problems itself. But, this tool is only available for users of the QuickBooks versions for Windows, it is currently available for Mac versions.
In case, you are using a version of QuickBooks that you acquired before 2016, you might be prompted to continue usage of the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool 2016. You are advised to visit the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool Download page to update it to the latest version.
What does QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool Fix?
As mentioned above, QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool can fix various network or connection errors that could occur in your QuickBooks, whereas QuickBooks File Doctor can fix both file damage and network connectivity issues. Following are some of the issues that can be fixed by QuickBooks File Doctor, of these, those issues that are related to connection or network issues can be fixed by QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool –
- You are being denied access to the QuickBooks Database.
- The Windows firewall has a poor configuration of ports.
- Following unexpected error pop-ups are troubling you:
- -6150: You have a damaged QuickBooks installation.
- -6000 -82: You do not have access to a company file.
- -6000 -301: The file you are looking for is no longer present at the requested location.
- -6147: A common error that prevents you from restoring a back-up.
- –6130: Your firewall might be blocking your access.
- The Vendor lists are blank in your software.
- All your customer lists are empty.
- The entries in your employee lists are missing.
- In the case of multi-user QuickBooks errors, you may receive these errors H101, H202, H303, H505.
- You have a highly damaged file that will not open.
Steps to Install QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
This is the most recommended method you can use to successfully complete the installation of the QuickBooks diagnostic tool and then proceed with its usage.
- First and foremost, make fully sure that you do not have any earlier versions of this QuickBooks network diagnostic tool on your PC, as this might interfere with the installation/update process. If you find any such version, ensure that you uninstall it before you continue.
- Secondly, download the installation package from the OEM website and extract the files on your computer.
- Open the setup, and make sure you follow the instructions perfectly in order to install the application.
- Open the QuickBooks network diagnostic tool – it should start automatically if you successfully finished the installation process.
- Navigate to the directory that holds the company file you wish to diagnose, using the drop-down list. Usually, the last 10 you opened should already be present on it.
- You do not need to use the network connectivity option, if in case you are using the software as a single user, as most of your problems should be rooted to file corruption. However, at times, your errors could also be caused by connectivity issues as well.
- In multi-user environments, your files are prone to corruption, as they are being shared across multiple computers, and errors can be rooted in network issues.
- Type in your admin password when prompted.
- Choose whether you are on a Host computer or a Workstation PC, depending on if you are a singular user, or working alongside multiple users.
- Be patient while this QuickBooks diagnostic tool scans and repairs your company files, or identifies your connectivity problems. It has proven to have a high rate of success and should be able to solve most of your issues.
How to Use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
- Firstly, double click your QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Make sure NOT to open the corrupted company file yet. Be patient.
- Select Utilities, then navigate to the option for Repair File and Network Problems.
- A pop-up on your screen will ask your permission to collect your private information regarding QuickBooks and your QuickBooks data. This will help to correctly diagnose and repair the issue. Ensure that you click Yes before you continue. If this does not appear, it means that you have already provided the appropriate permission to the diagnostic tool, and is no cause to worry.
- Navigate to the folder where you save your company files, find the problematic company file, and click on Open.
- Select the option to Show Advanced Settings and you should progress to a drop-down list of items.
- There should be a list of fixes that you can choose from. Select the one that seems to best describe your current issue.
- Enter your QuickBooks Login ID and Password. Your credentials are important.
- The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool successfully opens if you got the steps right.
- It could take several minutes to diagnose and repair your file, but it’s usually worth the wait, so don’t fret about it.
- Try and reopen your fully repaired company file.
Advantages of QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Diagnose various QuickBooks Errors that appear at the time of QuickBooks installation.
- It helps in resolving some errors automatically.
- This tool decreases the fixing time of issues significantly and saves your time.
We have mentioned all the steps to install the QuickBooks Diagnostic tool in the above blog along with the steps to access this tool. The advantages of the diagnostic tool have also been described in the article. Hopefully, you found the above blog helpful and insightful regarding QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. In case you have any further queries regarding this tool, feel free to contact the QuickBooks 24/7 Support Phone Number 1-855-857-0824.