QuickBooks Abort Error arises when you have made some changes in the company file or it is unable to proceed further. Basically, the user has to abort the continuing transaction and continue it by starting the PC again. For example, damage in the QBWUSER.ini file.
This blog will enlist Causes and solution for QuickBooks Abort Error. Let’s have a quick look.
What causes QuickBooks Abort Error?
Multiple causes can lead to QuickBooks Abort Error. This error usually occurs with QuickBooks suddenly stops working & there is an ‘Abort Message’ that comes on the screen. Given these points, is a list of possible causes that might lead to this error.
- Damaged/Missing QBWUSER.INI files, hardware problems or damaged Windows.
- A corrupted Hard Drive
- Already damaged Program files or getting damaged.
- QuickBooks not updated to the latest version or there is damage to the Windows OS.
- QuickBooks firewall and Antivirus are clashing with QuickBooks processes.
- Multiple computers are hosting QuickBooks Company files.
- The computer is saving company files with sleep, and hibernation mode turned On.
Symptoms for QuickBooks Abort Error
- You can see QuickBooks opening or shut frequently with QuickBooks Unrecoverable error.
- System randomly crashes
- QuickBooks has stopped working & there is an ‘Abort Message’ that comes on the screen.
- QuickBooks gets terminated from windows 8
- The system shuts down abruptly without getting any error messages
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error
Solution 1 – Resolve using Task Manager
To resolve the Abort Error, you can use Task Manager with the help of the given steps.
- Firstly, close QuickBooks & End QuickBooks applications in the Task Manager
- Highlight all applications that begin with ‘QB, QuickBooks, or Intuit.’
- Click ‘End Task’
- Lastly, RUN ‘Repair QuickBooks’
Solution 2 – Check and verify Hosting Status and stop hosting Multi-user Access
Complete this process with the below steps.
- Click ‘File Option’
- Select ‘Utilities’
- Select ‘Stop Hosting Multi-user Access’
Solution 3 – Configure Windows Firewall
It is important to configure the Windows Firewall to gel well with QuickBooks Desktop. An improper Firewall configuration will block network access which will block access to QuickBooks programs or files. Proper Firewall configuration has to be done on host computers and server computers.
Once the configuration is done on the ‘Host Computers’ as well as on the Server computer, then
- Open Company data file in a Multi-user mode
- Checkmark the option ‘Open file in a multi-user mode’.
NOTE: You can use the QuickBooks File Doctor to resolve this issue.
Solution 4 – Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Download and Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to repair the damaged Window components.
Solution 5 – Reboot System and temporarily disable your Anti-virus Program
Reboot your computer, once you have opened the QuickBooks Desktop and the error is still there. You can disable the anti-virus temporarily.
Solution 6 – Rename QBWUSER.ini file
To rename the QBWUSER.ini file, follow the below steps. This is a manual process and renaming will erase the last list of files opened. How hidden folders where you see QBWUSER.ini file is saved.
- Firstly, right-click in & select Rename
- After that, add ‘.old.’ at the end of the file name
- Meanwhile, rename ‘EntitleentDataStore.ecml file’
- Once you have renamed QBWUSER.ini and EntitlementDataStore.ecml, Then try to open a company file. If you still cannot open your company file then
- Lastly, copy the file to a separate folder and Open from there. It should be a local folder and not on the network location
NOTE: If you have finished the above process, but you are still having issues of signing to your company file, then the file is probably damaged
QuickBooks Abort Error hampers the workflow and damages your system. To get rid of this error, we have given all probable solutions in the above blog. Therefore, you just need to apply all of them one by one. So, you can fix QuickBooks Abort Error on your own. We guaranty you that one of the solutions will help you in resolving the error. If not so, then you can contact us at our QuickBooks 24/7 Support Phone Number 1-855-857-0824 to get instant assistance.