QuickBooks accounting software has been developed and designed by Intuit. You can avail lots of features and functionalities in this software. The user can track employee’s time in QuickBooks online by using the Tsheets QuickBooks application.
What is Tsheets QuickBooks Desktop?
Tsheets QuickBooks has been co-founded by CEO Matt Rissell and CTO Brandon Zehm in 2006. This app improves the job and labor costing functionality within QuickBooks desktop and also works in QuickBooks Online. As we all know, labor is typically the largest expense for small to mid-sized businesses. In this case, TSheets makes your work easier. You can track the employee’s timing that helps you to understand the company’s profits.
Additionally, TSheets is a member of QuickBooks. It helps in time tracking of employees. QuickBooks TSheets can be easily synced with QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks desktop that saves your time and money on payroll. However, we will focus on the integration of QBO with TSheets.
Steps to integrate TSheets and QuickBooks Online
We have given the following steps by assuming that you are going to integrate QuickBooks online plus, essential, or advanced with an existing TSheets account. Apply the following steps respectively to do TSheets QuickBooks integration:
Step 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Online integration add-on
- Open Feature Add-ons and choose Manage Add-ons in TSheets.
- Search for QuickBooks Online Integration and choose Install.
- Choose Connect to QuickBooks. Now, the Intuit sign-in page will appear on the screen.
- You need to sign in. if you have numerous companies, then choose one of them that you need to link.
- Choose Authorize when prompted. After that, you will get a message “You are now connected” and the preference window launches.
Or, you can attempt the following steps too:
- Run Apps.com and search TSheets Time Tracking and choose to learn more.
- In the new tab, sign in to your QuickBooks online account only if prompted.
- Select the company that you want to integrate with TSheets only if prompted.
- Now, you need to log in to an existing account on the Setup TSheets Time Tracking.
Step 2: Select what you need to import in QuickBooks Online.
- Choose the item that you need to import into TSheets in the Preferences window.
Show service item: This helps in bringing the service item list over as a list that can be picked by the employees.
Show billable: This includes an option to show the time tracking by them is billable or not.
Import vendors as employees: You can import the vendors or contractors as users into TSheets.
Import customers and jobs: By this item, you can import all customers and jobs into the TSheets account to permit employees in order to track their timing. If the customer address is existing, then you can also sync into TSheets for the Nearby Jobs functionality.
Show class: This carries the class list over as a list that can be picked at the time of tracking the time of the employees.
Delete all users: If the employees have been added into TSheets that are not linked with QuickBooks Account. You can select to collect them upon the first sync.
- Go through the item’s warning before deleting it. If you agree, then enter Delete in the empty box and choose Next.
- Choose the date before Exporting time to QuickBooks.
Step 3: Import from QBO
If you have added or changed something in QuickBooks, then that will be imported into TSheets automatically in 5 minutes. The sync log will show Auto just next to automatic imports.
- Launch QuickBooks and click on Preferences to restrict the import.
- Delete the items that you need not import in the Automatically import changes.
- Remove the Automatically import for changes made in QuickBooks to disable the automatic import completely.
Step 4: Map Payroll items:
In case, you are utilizing QuickBooks Online integration for payroll + TSheets, you need to select the Use QuickBooks Online for payroll in the QuickBooks Online Integration Preferences. If you have imported payroll items upon the first sync, then it will map to the correct time types automatically.
You need to check it again and do adjustments if required.
You May Also Read About: Understanding QuickBooks Desktop Errors
To Sum Up:
We have given you the steps to integrate QuickBooks online with Tsheets. Hopefully, you have understood about TSheets QuickBooks through this blog. In our opinion, the steps to integrate QuickBooks TSheets is quite difficult, so you should perform all the above-mentioned steps under the supervision of an expert or a technician. If you are unable to perform any step or want to know the method of integration of TSheet QuickBooks Desktop, then we recommend you to call us by dialing our QuickBooks 24/7 Support Phone Number 1-855-857-0824.