QuickBooks has won millions of hearts because of having an extensive range of advanced financial tools, features, and affordable pricing. But, various business owners are not completely familiar with the features and functionalities of the QuickBooks software. Various queries were raised by QuickBooks users which can be an origin of getting frustrated with the software. Today, we are here to answer one such question that has been frequently asked by QuickBooks users i.e. ‘what is the gear icon in QuickBooks?’ In the following article, you can get all the answers related to the gear icon in QuickBooks. For any further assistance, you can call our experts at any time.
What is the Gear icon in QuickBooks Online?
The Gear icon is usually a universal icon that signifies the setting menu in QuickBooks Online. It is used to access a countless number of features in the software. After finding out the location of the gear icon, you can make best use of its features according to your business requirements. To know the location of the gear icon, you are required to go through the whole post. Further, you can find out the location of the gear icon as well as the steps to get rid of the gear icon disappearing issue.
Where is the Gear Icon QuickBooks?
Generally, you can find the gear icon on the right side of the company file name. This icon is also known as the wheel and is present in between the two icons in QuickBooks Online. Moreover, the gear icon can be found on the top right side of the QuickBooks homepage between the help option and create menu. Gear icon QuickBooks consists of the following tabs that can be used to avail of features the in QuickBooks account.
- Lists: In this option, you can view the recurring transactions, services, and products lists, etc.
- Company: Here, the particular section will help you in managing the users along with the QuickBooks account.
- Tools: Under this option, you will be able to reconcile with the bank and set up a budget. Also, you can import lists such as item lists or charts of accounts.
- Settings: In this tab, you can set up the company information, templates, or fields utilized in transactions.
Sometimes, you might come across the gear icon disappearing issue. Further, we will be exploring ways to get rid of the same issue.
How to fix the Disappearing Issue of the Gear Icon in QuickBooks?
The gear icon disappearing issue might be displayed because of the recent changes in the options of QuickBooks Online. To troubleshoot this issue, you have to press the F5 key to refresh the web page. Else, follow the steps written below to fix it.
- The first thing is to access QuickBooks in a private browser window or incognito window.
- If you are able to see the gear icon, this means the issue has been fixed.
- Or, you can clear the cache to resolve the browser-related issues by following the steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, access Google Chrome on the PC.
- Now, navigate to the browser settings and click on the More Options.
- After that, choose the tab that is ‘clear browsing data
- Now, a box will display where you have to select the data by tapping the ‘All’ options
- And then, verify the data that needs to be removed.
- Finally, choose the clear data option.
4. At last, you can get QuickBooks support service if the error remains the same.
Here, we have reached the end of this informative post regarding ‘gear icon in QuickBooks.’ Hopefully, you have learned all about the gear icon and its location in QuickBooks.
If you are still confused or looking for assistance, ring us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number (1-855-857-0824). We are all set to help you regarding every issue related to the QuickBooks software. Also, you may ask for help in case of experiencing issues during the installation of the software.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Here are the steps to discover the gear icon in the QuickBooks Desktop.
1. The first step is to access the QuickBooks Desktop.
2. And then, look for the icon at the right corner of the screen.
3. Next, you can find out the gear icon nearby the company name. This is also known as a setting icon and looks like a wheel.
A: The gear icon is mainly the universe icon for the settings menu. You can find the gear icon just before the settings menu in Gmail.
A: Follow these steps to search for the settings icon in QuickBooks.
1. Firstly, you need to go to the Homepage.
2. Next, choose the Settings icon and click on Account and Settings.
3. And then, validate the settings.
4. Finally, click on Edit in a section.
A: Once you have logged into the QuickBooks account, you can find the gear icon just in the upper right-hand corner. Or, it has been located between creating (+) menu option and the Help (?) option.
A: The gear icon is mainly present on the right side of the company name in QuickBooks 2021. This icon is also identified as a wheel.