It is important to have the correct activation of the QuickBooks Desktop for smooth functioning and task performance. However, at times even after performing the right steps QuickBooks Activation does not happen appropriately. QuickBooks Validation Code is incorrect, and the Product number is wrong are some common issues related to this. The user might also face an error message saying the service is temporarily unavailable. In this blog, we will discuss steps to correct the ‘Incorrect QuickBooks Validation code.’
Pre-requisites/ Checkpoints before troubleshooting
Ensure that the below points are carried out properly before trying out any solutions:
Check QuickBooks is activated and verify License number & product code match the one on the sticker on QuickBooks product package.
- For downloaded products- See the purchase confirmation email you got from Intuit.
- If you bought QuickBooks on CD- See the brightly colored sticker on the original CD envelope.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Validation Code Issue
Solution 1- Check and verify the system date and time settings are correct.
- First, Close QuickBooks Desktop
- Next, right-click the time display in Window Task Bar, and choose ‘Adjust Date/time.’
- Select the ‘Date & Time’ and keep the date for the current
- Choose ‘Apply’ and click OK
- Now Open QB Desktop and select Help>> Activate QuickBooks>> Begin Activation (if you have a Canadian version of QB, then click Help>>Register QuickBooks>>Begin QuickBooks Registration)
- Next, Type in the QuickBooks Validation Code and select Next.
Solution 2- Reset .ecml file.
You need to understand and learn how to re-create the damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file to amend license and registration problems.
Get QuickBooks Activation not working solved at QuickBooks help number 1-855-857-0824.
Solution 3- Reactivate MSXML
For 64- bit operating system- Use the below-given commands to activate MSXML.
- Go to Start Menu and type ‘cmd.’ Next is to right-click ‘Run as Administrator.’
Note: In Windows 8, on the keyboard, you need to click ‘Windows key’ and type ‘cmd.’ Now, right-click and select ‘Run as Administrator.’
- When you are at the c: prompt, then enter cd\windows \ syswow64
- Type ‘regsvr32MSXML 4.dll’ and press Enter.
- Type ‘regsvr32MSXML 6.dll’ and press Enter
For 32- bit operating system- Register MSXML with the below commands.
- Open ‘Run’ window and select ‘Windows key + R’ on the keyboard.
- Type ‘cmd’ and press Enter
- Type ‘regsvr32 MSXML 4.dll’ and press Enter
- Type ‘regsvr32 MSXML 6.dll’ & press Enter
Solution 4- Run the QuickBooks Installation Tool
Solution 5- Make a new Windows Admin to Activate QuickBooks Validation Code
For Windows 10
- First, click Start and choose ‘’
- Next, select ‘Accounts’ and click ‘Family and other users’
- Other users, click ‘Add someone else to this ’
- At the bottom of the page, choose ‘I do not have this person’s sign-in ’
- Now, at the bottom of the next page, choose ‘Add a user without a Microsoft Account.’
- Type the name of the new account.
Note: It is advised to assign a password to a new account to ensure security.
- Choose Finish. You will see that by default the new account is set as a standard user.
- Choose the Newly-made Account and Click Administrator and then press OK
- Once you have made the new user, sign out of Windows & sign in again as a New user
- Next open QuickBooks Desktop and try to register by selecting Help>>Activate QuickBooks>>Begin Activation. For the Canadian version of QuickBooks click Help>> Register QuickBooks>>Begin registration.
If this solves the error, then you can decide whether you want to keep the new administrative user or remove it.
For Windows 8
- First Open the Computer Window and press ‘Windows +E’ on the keyboard.
- Select ‘Computer’ option and Click ‘Open Control ’
- Now select ‘User Accounts’ and click ‘Manage another ’
- When the Manage account Window opens, then choose ‘Add a new user in the PC settings.’
- Now enter the ‘Username & domain name’ and click NEXT
- Choose ‘Admin access’ for the new user and click ‘’
- Once you have created a new user, sign out of Windows & then sign back as a New user.
- Open QB Desktop and register by clicking Help>> Activate QuickBooks>> Begin Activation. For Canadian version of QuickBooks click Help>>register QuickBooks>>Begin registration.
If the problem is resolved, you can decide to keep the new admin user or remove it and continue with the existing one.
For Windows 7
- Click ‘Windows start’ option and select ‘Control ’
- Choose ‘User Accounts’ and then select ‘Manage User accounts.’
- When the ‘User accounts’ window opens, then choose ‘’
- Fill in the ‘new user name’ and the domain name and click Next
- Select ‘Administrator access’ for the new user, select ‘’
- Open QuickBooks Desktop & try to register by selecting Help >> Activate QB>> Start activation. For the Canadian version of QuickBooks click Help>>Activate QuickBooks>> Start registration.
If this resolves this error, then decide whether to keep new admin user else remove it and continue with the existing one.
Solution 6- Re-Install by performing QB Clean Install
When QuickBooks Desktop function is damaged, and just simple re-installation of QB desktop does not amend the issue then it becomes necessary to Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop, rename the installation files that are left behind and Re-Install QuickBooks Desktop. This process is called as ‘QuickBooks Clean Install.’ Refer to the link here for complete steps.
a) In case you receive a message that says- Overwrite Protection – Do you want to overwrite this file as it is already in use? You can click ‘Yes’ for these. The files are in the Temp directory and can be overwritten without any damage to other programs.
b) Ensure Installation wizard is for the correct year & version.
If you see wrong product version when installing from the download then perform the below steps:
- Shut QuickBooks Installation Window
- Search the Blue & Gray icon for the QB Installer on the desktop
- Now double-click the icon to begin the Installation
- When the Installer extracts files, then choose ‘Yes to All’ when asked to overwrite the existing files.
Note: Any failure to do so will launch the wrong installer.
Solution 7- Shut all versions of QuickBooks
- First Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and click Start Task Manager
- Click the Processes tab
- Now choose ‘Image name’ to sort processes alphabetically.
- End all the processes that start with QuickBooks for example, QuickBooks Messaging.exe.
- Close ‘Task Manager.
- Now Install QuickBooks.
That’s all for this blog. The above-given steps can efficiently resolve ‘QuickBooks Validation Code is Incorrect’ and can thus amend the QuickBooks Activation not working. For any query on the above-given steps talk to a technical expert at QuickBooks Online Support Number 1-855-857-0824.