QuickBooks is a crucial part of maintaining accounts and financial transaction records for your companies. And several times one needs to send across QuickBooks details via email for several specific functions. While using Webmail in QuickBooks Desktop, you might face “QuickBooks couldn’t connect to email server” error message once you have entered your Email password.
QuickBooks Couldn’t Connect to Email Server: We are unable to connect to the Email server for your Email provider.
QuickBooks could not send your form for the below reason: QuickBooks was connected to the remote server, however, could not understand the server’s response.
‘QuickBooks Unable to connect to Email Server’ issue happens mostly in Yahoo email address.
There are several methods to resolve this problem. It is possible that the first solution itself solves your problem, or you may have to try out all to solve the problem. It is recommended to try out the solutions in the order provided in this blog.
Reasons behind “QuickBooks couldn’t connect to email server”
- Due to improper internet connection, you may face “Couldn’t connect to email server QuickBooks”.
- When the settings of email server has not been configured properly.
- If you have used incorrect ID or password during logging in to email.
- If QuickBooks software is outdated.
- Incorrect settings of Internet Explorer may also hamper QuickBooks connection with the email server.
- If you do not have admin credentials to log in to windows, then you come across “QuickBooks unable to connect to email server”.
- If the outlook application has been damaged.
- When the documents related to QuickBooks had damaged.
Solutions to Fix “QuickBooks couldn’t connect to the Email server” Issue
Solution 1- Update to Latest Release
Several QuickBooks problems vanish once you update to the latest release. It is very much possible that this problem also gets resolved. Update to the latest version to address the issue.
- First Go to ‘Update to the recent/ latest Release page
- Ensure your product is selected. If it isn’t then Click ‘Change Link’ and choose your QuickBooks Product.
- Now click the Update button to download the Update file
- Now Click Setup Automatic Updates to know how to set QuickBooks automatically download & Install the latest Updates.
You May Also Read – How to utilize QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
Solution 2- See the settings in WebMail preferences
- In the QuickBooks Edit menu, click Preferences
- The Left Pane, select ‘Send Forms’
- In ‘My Preferences,’ choose the email account you are utilizing and press Edit.
- Now in the Edit Email Information Screen – Navigate to SMTP server details section and fix the server name. Now Port the Email Provider settings.
Solution 3- Reset IE Settings to Default Option
- First, Open Internet Explorer (IE) and Click ‘Tools’ menu (Alt+ T) or the Gear Icon
- Now Click Internet Options
- You can go to the Advanced Settings Tab and click on the ‘Restore Advanced Settings’ option
- Press OK, and shut down the browser.
If you get to know that the issue came because of some Anti-virus intrusion, then it is recommended to consult an IT person or ask the Anti-virus provider to help you out. They can help you in getting QuickBooks established properly when setting your WebMail.
If you have performed all the three above-listed solutions but still are facing the same issue, then you can try out the below solutions given for the corresponding messages.
Note: if you got the error message ‘QuickBooks Couldn’t Connect to Email Server’ although you did not use the WebMail then this might be a system issue. You can create a new ‘Windows Admin User’ to correct this issue.
That is all for this blog. We have explained all the possible causes of “QuickBooks couldn’t connect to email server” along with its solutions in the above blog. Hopefully, you will be successful in dealing with the error on your own.