A QuickBooks user can get QuickBooks Error 1311 when he or she tries to export a report to Excel from FSD (Financial Statement Designer). A user can also encounter this error while installing or updating QB and there is some problem with the CD-ROM drive or CD media.
Error 1311 QuickBooks appears on the screen with the following message – Error 1311: “Source file not found: D:\ZF561407.CAB. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 1311?
QuickBooks Error Code 1311 can occur due to different factors. Some of the common causes are given below –
- There is some compatibility issue between the versions of Office and QuickBooks.
- One or more of the Microsoft Office installation files is damaged.
- One or more of the QuickBooks installation files is corrupted or damaged.
- The CD used for the installation purpose is damaged.
- There is some problem with the CD-ROM drive.
You May Also Read: How to use QuickBooks clean install tool?
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 1311
When QuickBooks Error 1311 occurs, you can get the following symptoms –
- Unable to install QuickBooks from the CD.
- Unable to export a report to Excel from QB Financial Statement Designer.
- When exporting a report, QuickBooks freezes.
- QuickBooks Error Code 1311 gets displayed on the screen.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 1311
In order to resolve Error 1311 QuickBooks, you can use different solutions. Some of these solutions are given here below –
Solution 1 – Copy Files to Hard Drive and Then Install
- First of all, insert QB CD into CD-ROM. Chose Quit, if in case, installation starts automatically.
- Go to the Start button on the bottom left of the screen and do a right-click on it.
- From the options, select Explore.
- In the left pane, choose the desktop to make a new folder.
- With the location being highlighted, go to the File menu.
- Click on New and after that click on Folder.
- Give a name to the folder, e.g., QuickBooks.
- Go to QuickBooks CD-ROM in the left pane and do a right-click on the CD-ROM.
- From the list, select Explore and go to the right pane.
- Look for the folders – QuickBooks and ThirdParty. Also, look for the setup.exe file.
- Click simultaneously folders and file, while holding CTRL-key.
- Do a right-click on any of the highlighted folders.
- Click the Copy button and go back to the newly created folder.
- Paste folders into this new folder.
- Open this new folder and look for setup.exe and click twice on it.
- After the process has finished, finally see if QuickBooks Error 1311 is appearing or not.
Solution 2 – Changing Access to CD ROM
- First of all, go to Start.
- After that open Settings and then Control Panel.
- Now, go to Administrative Tools.
- Look for Local Security Policy and click on it.
- Expand the folder named Local Policies.
- Navigate to Security Options and click on it.
- Now, you have to select – restrict access to CD-ROM to only those users who are logged on locally.
- In this step, you have to change the selection to Disabled.
- Finally, restart the computer.
Solution 3 – Copy Photoshop Elements
- Firstly, make a new folder on the desktop.
- Put Photoshop Elements installation CD into the drive.
- Do not choose to autoplay.
- Go to My Computer and do a right-click on the CD-ROM drive.
- Now, you have to copy the folder named Adobe Photoshop Elements into a folder created in step 1.
- After copying is finished, eject the disc.
- Open copied folder, look for Setup.exe and double click it.
- Wait for the installation to get finished.
- Finally, see if QuickBooks Error Code 1311 is appearing or not.
Solution 4 – Use Command Prompt
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Type the words – SFC /SCANNOW and hit Enter.
- After the above scan has got completed, type the words – msiexec /unregin in the Command Prompt press Enter key.
- Once again you have to type the words – msiexec /regserver and then hit Enter.
- Finally, after completing the above steps, go ahead with the installation of the Creative Suite product.
Solution 5 – Use Run
- Firstly, open the Run window.
- In the text field, type the word – msiexec /unreg and hit Enter.
- Now, again type the words – msiexec /regserver in the Run window and hit the enter key.
- At last, you are required to reinstall CS4 application.
- Finally, check whether QuickBooks Error 1311 is appearing.
Solution 6 – Check MS Office Compatibility
- Navigate to Uninstall/change a program.
- Select Microsoft Office in the program list.
- Microsoft Office 2003 or later should have been installed to use Financial Statement Designer.
- Choose the Change button, if the version is lower than Microsoft Office 2003.
- You have to follow the instructions on the screen if you want to carry out a repair on Microsoft Office.
By applying the above solutions, you should be able to fix Error 1311 QuickBooks. But, if you are unable to apply any of the above-given solutions, or if QuickBooks Error 1311 does not get resolved, call QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number 1-855-857-0824. Accountant Squad provides expert solutions for QuickBooks errors and issues. Their certified technicians are available round the clock to provide fast and reliable technical support.