QuickBooks helps small and medium-sized businesses to organize their data in an efficient manner with its user-friendly features! While the matter is simple enough to understand but yet it is still a puzzle to many. One of the best things about QuickBooks Online is its ability to download bank transactions. But while downloading transactions from the bank or credit card Company, QuickBooks assigns issues in “unmatch a transaction in QuickBooks online”. Read this blog to know, how to Delete Downloaded Transactions in QuickBooks.
Defining: unmatched transactions in QuickBooks Online
It then places all of them into QuickBooks Online banking center’s Quick Statement. The matched status means the transaction is already present or has been entered. Unmatch transaction QuickBooks Online gets accumulated in QuickBooks Online, for various reasons like corrupted bank download files, incorrect matching practices, etc. Irrespective of the cause, the general concurrence is that these unmatched transactions are unwanted.
So, if you are new to QuickBooks Online and you have entered wrong data mistakenly and now you want to remove them or facing difficulty in deleting them. So here comes the obvious question “HOW WILL YOU DO IT?”, the step-by-step guide for how to unmatch a transaction in QuickBooks? Or how to delete downloaded banking transactions?
You may also read – How to use Audit Trail in QuickBooks Desktop?
What is the requirement to unmatch a transaction in QuickBooks Online?
As we noted above, QuickBooks matched the downloaded transactions with the transactions that have been already entered by you. If these transactions did not match, it makes a new record for you. Your job is to review and approve such transactions. Sometimes, you may match the wrong transactions to the wrong account. It may lead to unmatch wrong transactions to the correct ones. Some of the additional causes have been listed further.
- Because of a corrupted bank transactions
- Improper matching methods
How to Unmatch a Transaction in QuickBooks Online?
There are two ways to unmatch transactions in QuickBooks Online. One way is through a bank register and the other way is by using the banking page. We have described both of them in detail as below:
1. By utilizing the Account Register
- Select the Gear icon at the top, then Chart of Accounts.
- Now Find the account and in the Action column, select View Register (or Account History).
- Then Select the transaction from the register then click Edit.
- At the top of the transaction, now select Online banking matches.
- On the next screen, select Unmatch now.
2. By utilizing the Banking Page
To Unmatch one transaction at a time
- First Select Banking from the left menu.
- Then Make sure the correct bank or credit card account is selected.
- Now Go to the In-QuickBooks tab.
- In this step, you find and select the downloaded transaction you want to unmatch.
- Select a column header to sort up or down by amount, date, description, and so on.
- Perform this step to find these transactions easily,
- Go to the Action column & select Undo.
To Unmatch Multiple transactions at once
- You require to put a checkmark on each transaction that is needed to unmatch.
- Select the Undo button at the top of the Date column when you are done.
Once you are done with unmatch transaction QuickBooks online, you can find these transactions in the review tab. Now you can categorize and add or match them again if you want.
How to Delete Downloaded Transactions in QuickBooks Online?
There are two ways to delete downloaded transactions in QuickBooks. Both of them have been mentioned below. The user can follow any of them in order to delete a unmatch transaction QuickBooks online:
1. From the transaction window
- First, you need to select the Chart of Account from the Gear icon.
- Then look for the convenient account then choose View register/Account history.
- Now click on the unwanted transaction and then choose the Edit button on the transaction line.
- Now, on the transaction window, Choose More > Delete and then choose Yes to confirm.
2. From the register
- First of all, Select the Gear icon at the top then the Chart of Accounts.
- Next, find the appropriate account then select View register (or Account history).
- After that, select the unwanted transaction and then the Delete button on the transaction line.
- At last, select Delete Both. This will delete the transaction and downloaded transaction from the bank. So, it will not show in the downloaded transaction area to be rematched.
You May Also Read About:- QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
The above blog describes “how to unmatch a transaction in QuickBooks online” along with the steps to Delete Downloaded Transactions in QuickBooks. We hope that you will be able to delete and unmatch transactions after reading this blog. Sometimes, the user may be stuck while deleting the downloaded transactions in QB.
1: Why do you need to match a transaction in QuickBooks?
A: Matching transactions indicates QuickBooks matched the downloaded transaction with the transaction you have recorded. You just need to do is to verify that the match is correct and choose the transaction to expand the view.
Q2: How can you delete the unmatched transactions in QuickBooks?
A: The following is a list of all the steps to remove the unmatched transactions in QuickBooks.
- The first step is to choose the Banking menu and click on the Bank Feeds.
- After that, click on the Bank Feeds Center option.
- Now, you have to go to the Items Received from the Financial Institution option.
- Choose the Statement that needs to be deleted.
- Finally, choose Delete.
Q3: How to match multiple transactions in QuickBooks?
A: To match journal entries to multiple bank transactions, you can apply the following steps.
- Once you have created a journal entry, choose the Banking page.
- After that, go to the For Review section and look for the Transfer record.
- Now, QuickBooks will automatically find the correct match for the transaction. You just need to choose it and choose Match.
- Else, click on the Find Match option.
Q4: How to delete multiple transactions in QuickBooks Desktop?
A: Here are the steps that can be performed to delete multiple transactions in QuickBooks Desktop.
- First of all, choose the File menu and click on Switch to Single-user mode.
- Now, select the Accountant Menu and click on the Void Transactions/Batch Delete option.
- After that, choose the transactions that need to be deleted.
- You need to choose Review & Delete.
- Lastly, choose Back up & Delete.
Q5: How to find unmatched expenses on QuickBooks Online?
A: To locate the unmatched transactions on QBO, you can apply the underneath steps.
- Firstly, choose the Banking option on the left panel.
- And then, select the Banking tab and click on the blue icon for the account that needs to be opened.
- Choose the Review tab option.
- Finally, view the match and unmatched transactions under the Match Column.