QuickBooks accounting software streamlines your accounting work and manages the daily financial activities of small and mid-sized businesses. The business needs can be fulfilled with this software. This software will help you to focus on other activities of your business and keep your data updated. QB has many features in which the QuickBooks sync manager is the most important one. The specific feature assists in exchanging your data between the desktop database with the version which is already stored in the intuit cloud server. Besides, while using it, you may face QuickBooks sync manager error. You won’t be able to open software if this error arises.
Let’s take a deep look into some of its causes and then fix them correctly.
What is “Error: Sync Manager not set up”?
You will see this message if you haven’t properly set up your QuickBooks Sync Manager. Ways to rectify the issue:
- Ensure that the application folder for the Sync Manager is one of the correct directory.
- Make sure that you have administrator access to your system.
- Clear the Sync Manager settings from the Help menu.
- Try to set up QuickBooks Sync Manager properly. We have explained how to do so below.
Causes of Sync Manager QuickBooks Error
These are some of the reasons that are responsible for this error:
- Program files missing or damaged.
- Networking issue at the time of transferring data.
- An error occurring because of firewall setting.
- Missing key files.
You May Read Also : QuickBooks Desktop Critical Update
QuickBooks Sync Manager Errors and their Solutions
Follow the given methods as stated below in these points. Let us check the solutions one by one:
Error 1: QuickBooks 2014 Sync Manager Error
- First, open the ‘company file’
- Make sure to log out from QuickBooks software.
- Now, right hit on the sync manager icon and then hit on the ‘exit sync manager’.
- Next, look for ‘sync manager’ folder and alter the name to SyncManager.old.
- The next step is to restart the QB software and then open the ‘sync manager’.
- Finally, the sync manager will automatically recreate the sync manager folder. With this, you need to hit on ‘sync now’.
Error 2: QuickBooks Sync Manager Download
- Initially, remove the ‘software’ if it is installed in your PC.
- Secondly, rename the ‘folder’.
- You can continue with the below-given steps, in case the user is not able to change the name of the folder:
- First, choose the ‘Window taskbar’ and then hit on the ‘processes tab’.
- Now, select the column heading with the image title along with the alphabetical sequence.
- Choose the files that have extension like QBDBMgr.exe, \ and end the process.
- You need to click ‘yes’ on the message saying ‘Dismissing a process can entail unwanted outcomes including loss of valuable as well as system instability.’ .
- In the end, reinstall the ‘QuickBooks sync manager’.
You May Read Also : Pay Bills in QuickBooks Online
Error 3: QuickBooks Sync Error 17_7300
- Firstly, make sure that the ‘sync manager’ is up to date.
- Secondly, open the company file.
- Thirdly, choose edit and hit on the preferences tab.
- Fourthly, hit on integrated applications.
- You are supposed to check the checkmark in front of Intuit Sync Manager and choose the company preference tab.
- Lastly, hit on sync now.
Error 4: QuickBooks Sync Error Windows 10
- First, rename the Intuit sync manager folder.
- Now, exit all company files from the software and the sync manager too.
- Once you are done with this, search for the sync manager folder and rename it to the ‘SyncManager.old’.
- Next, open QuickBooks.
- The next job is to open ‘Intuit sync manager’.
- Finally, the ‘sync manager’ folder will be created automatically and with this choose sync now.
Error 5: QuickBooks Sync Error 5_13944
- Initially, go to the ‘C:\ProgramData\Intuit\SyncManager’ and then delete the file ‘SBConnect.crt’.
- Now, are required to run ‘sync manager’ setup again.
- Next, select help >manage data sync > reset ‘Intuit sync manager’.
- In the end, sync ‘data’ once more and check the error is fixed or not.
Error 6: QuickBooks Sync error code 17_7118
- First, close the ‘QuickBooks Sync manager’ and then right-click the icon.
- Now, log out of the company file in the QuickBooks
- And then close the ‘application’.
- Next, open the software but not the ‘company file’.
- Thereafter, download and then install all the available updates for the ‘QuickBooks software’.
- The next task is to update to the most recent release from the ‘help menu’.
- The final step is to sync the important data via. the sync manager.
You may Read Also : Clearing account in QuickBooks
Error 7: Configure Intuit Sync Manager
- Initially, open QuickBooks desktop application.
- Now, choose ‘manage data sync’ option.
- Next, reset the ‘Intuit sync manager’ and then hit on the reset data sync’.
- Finally, you have to sign back into the ‘sync manager’.
Hopefully, by performing the above the given mentioned steps you can resolve QuickBooks sync manager error. While performing the troubleshooting methods in case you face any issue, connect with the software professionals. They are dedicated in providing immediate software solutions.