When a QB user is trying to download payroll updates, he or she may face an error known as QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058. The PS series of errors is related to downloading payroll updates and the errors in this series require a particular set of steps for resolution.
This blog focuses on QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 that is a part of the PS series of errors. In this article, we have tried to explain various causes of this error and the ways to troubleshoot it. After resolving Error PS058, you will be able to download payroll updates.
Why does QuickBooks Error PS058 occur?
Error PS058 usually occurs during downloading of a payroll update. The issue can be with software or hardware. The installation process is comprised of many stages or steps. A user of QuickBooks accounting software faces the risk of encountering QB Payroll PS058 at each of the steps of the installation process. The reasons are given here below –
- An issue occurred while copying company files into the hard drive.
- While decryption using IE web browser, files have got corrupted.
- An issue occurred while installing the files by making use of QBDAgent.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058
Below are given steps to resolve Payroll Error PS058. All of them may not be required. After following every few steps, you should check for QB Payroll Error PS058.
- First of all, restart the system.
- Secondly, open QB.
- Check account information for QB Payroll service.
- Check whether your QB is registered. If not, register it.
- Verify that you have installed just one instance of a particular version of QB Desktop software. Make a backup of your data file and if in case there is more than one installation of the same version, uninstall that is not being used.
- See, if you are getting QuickBooks Error PS058.
- In this step, you are required to reset QuickBooks updates.
- After that turn off User Account Control in the Microsoft Windows. Do not forget to start it again after troubleshooting of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 has been finished.
- Now, you have to first re-sort lists and after that, you are required to verify QB data. After the verification is over, you have to run an error report. Re-sort lists and make use of Verify Data/Rebuild Data processes so as to rectify any sort of data damage. Follow the steps given below to run error report called QBWin.Log –
- In QB, simultaneously press these two keys on the keyboard – CTRL+1.
- In the product information window, simultaneously press these two keys on the keyboard – CTRL+2.
- Look for the tab with the name Open File in the Tech Help window.
- Look for qbwin.log and click on it.
- Go to CPS folder and rename it. Take into consideration that doing this may result in multiple error messages popping up on the screen. Do not stop, just continue past these messages.
- Firstly, navigate to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20nn\Components\Payroll\CPS. The nn here stands for QB version.
- Right-click the CPS folder.
- From the list that appears, select Rename.
- Type the words – CPSOLD.
- Download payroll, and see, if you are getting QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058.
- Do a right-click on the reboot.bat file. From the list that appears, select Run as Administrator.
- In this final step, you are required to perform a QuickBooks clean install in a selective startup.
- Check whether QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 is appearing or not.
The steps given above in this post should fix QuickBooks Error PS058. But, if you are unable to apply any of the above-given steps, or if QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 fails to get resolved, call QuickBooks 24/7 Support Phone Number 1-855-857-0824.