QuickBooks Error 80070057 generally appears when the user attempts to launch the company file. User will get an error message displays on his/her screen “Error 80070057: the parameter is incorrect”. This happens when the user is directly trying to run the software’s file that is not running in the background.
Therefore, you are recommended to open the company files from within QuickBooks.
In this blog, we will describe the solutions to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 along with the causes.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 80070057
Following are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error 80070057:
- If the company file has been collapsed suddenly.
- When the dialogue box with the message “The parameter is incorrect” displays on the screen.
- If you don’t have the permission to delete the company files.
- When you will have a message “Error Code 80070057: The Parameter is incorrect” on the screen.
- If the PC freezes continuously.
- QuickBooks program windows crashes repeatedly.
- Due to the slow response from the PC to mouse or keyboard input.
- When the computer crashes regularly.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 80070057
Due to the following reasons, you may lead to QuickBooks Error code 80070057:
- When you try to open a company file that is stored in the diverted work area.
- You will be unable to work with QuickBooks due to the blockage by the firewall settings.
- If certain ports have been blocked by the Bit Defender.
- When the change in the file extension has not been read by the QuickBooks.
- Due to the damage in the installation of QuickBooks.
- When the file extension is inappropriate.
- When you are trying to launch a portable file without launching QuickBooks.
- The Company file is situated on the pen drive.
- If the damage has been detected in the company file while installing QuickBooks.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3003?
Solutions to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 80070057
Before applying the solutions, first you need to go through the following tips to fix QuickBooks Error code 80070057:
- Firstly, copy the company file to the hard drive and then access it.
- Secondly, you can download QuickBooks from the official Website.
If the tips written above did not help you in resolving Error 80070057 then, attempt the following solutions.
Solution 1: Access QuickBooks as administrator
- Search for QuickBooks icon and right-click on it.
- Choose Run as administrator.
- At last, check whether QuickBooks Error 80070057 has been resolved or not.
Solution 2: Access the QuickBooks Company File Accordingly
To access the company file, you first need to open your QuickBooks.
- If you are accessing the Windows version 8, then select the Windows key and click on Choose All programs.
- If you are working on the Windows version 8 or 10, then get in QuickBooks.
- Now, select the version of QuickBooks that you want to launch.
- Check whether the QuickBooks Company file is opened or not.
- If QuickBooks Company file is not opened then, choose open and check that QuickBooks error 80070057 is displaying.
Solution 3: Change the location of the company file
- Make a folder on the C:\drive.
- Save the company file on this drive.
- After that, you need to check that all workstations can run the company file.
Solution 4: Update the latest version of QuickBooks
- Go to the Help menu.
- Choose Update QuickBooks.
- Launch Update Now tab and choose Reset Update box only when you want to erase the earlier update downloads.
- Select Get Updates and Start QuickBooks again.
- Now, verify that QuickBooks Error 80070057 has been resolved or not.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Run the Intuit Website.
- Choose Download QB File Doctor.
- Install and run the QB File Doctor.
Solution 6: Configure the firewall settings
- In the firewall, add exceptions.
- Follow the firewall provider’s instructions to change the firewall settings. After doing this, you will be able to rend and receive the data.
- If you are still facing the error 80070057, then uninstall the firewall software and install it again.
Solution 7: Configure BitDefender Antivirus Software
- Run BitDefender 10.0 main menu then, select Antivirus.
- Choose Custom Level.
- Select Exclude path from the scan.
- Go to the new item.
- Choose the UNC path that is utilized to browse to the file.
You May Also Read: Types of QuickBooks File Extension in Desktop
Solution 8: Verify the File name extension
- Right-click on the company file to launch it.
- Choose Properties > QuickBooks tab.
- Write the file extension.
- Choose OK.
Retitle the File Extension
- Firstly, you need to make a new folder.
- In the new folder, copy the company file and paste.
- Choose Rename.
- Retitle the file extension to .qbm.
- Save the recent changes.
- Meanwhile, try to restore the portable.
- Give a new name to the extension to .qbb if you are facing the issues at the time of opening QuickBooks.
- Then, the backup needs to be restored.
- If you find difficulty in opening the company file, then rename the extension as .qbx.
- Finally, open QuickBooks convert to an accountant copy.
Copy and paste the company file in a different folder in the flash drive.
- Run the Windows Explorer.
- Select the new folder and right-click on it.
- In the new folder, Copy Companyfile.QBW and paste it.
- After that, Open QuickBooks Desktop and launch a new folder.
We have illustrated all the possible solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 80070057 in the above blog. In case, you are facing any issue while attempting any of the above solutions, then you are advised to contact us at QuickBooks Error Tech Support on 1-855-857-0824.