Are you experiencing unknowing error code (QuickBooks Error 6129) while running QuickBooks software? In this article, we are going to have discussion on the error 6129 that usually takes place while accessing the company file. If you are also going through the same, then you ought to go through this short and useful blog. And, try to discover all the possible reasons behind the same error and solutions that can be applied to get rid of it. In case, you have any doubt regarding the error 6129, get in touch with our team of team of certified experts.
Defining QuickBooks Error 6129
QuickBooks error 6129 happens when the database connection verification gets failed or QuickBooks fails to load the company files. You will not be able to load the company file data because of this error code. Furthermore, you may also get the error 6129 due to the network issue or server holds the company files. Below, we have mentioned all the possible causes that may give rise to the same. In order to get rid of the same, you are required to understand the root causes of the error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6129 0
Following symptoms can appear when QuickBooks Error Code 6129 occurs –
- This error appears and crashes an active program window.
- Your computer frequently crashes with QuickBooks error 6129, on running the same program.
- Sluggish window functioning and mouse/ keyboard response are
- Computer freezes periodically.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 6129 0?
The following reasons can lead to QuickBooks Error 6129 0 –
- Creating another record and simultaneously the Anti-virus is running in the system.
- Whenever you have corrupted network data document
- While updating company files from old QuickBooks without using Admin login details needed for the windows login
- The domain server and client machine do not match
- A malfunction in your system operation
- Incorrect/failed installation
- While Uninstallation
- Invalid entries in the Windows registry
- A virus/ malware attack
- Improper system shutdown because of power failure.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6129
Solution 1 – Use different file name
If in case, the error occurs during new company file creation –
- Firstly, you have to choose to Leave in the Easy Step Interview window.
- Now, save the file.
- Type a different name for the file.
- Click on the Save button.
- If this solution does not work, try solution 2 or 6.
Solution 2 – Make another folder and go to QuickBooks Company files.
- Firstly, create another file folder
- Select QuickBooks Company files to a new folder
- If you are using QuickBooks on one system, Open the QuickBooks Company file via the new folder.
- However, if you are using the same file on multiple computers then carry out the next steps.
- First, Click Start
- Choose Programs
- Now click QuickBooks and select QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Now, press on Scan folders
- If you do not have a folder that has the Company file, then Click Add Folder and add it.
- Press on the Scan option
- When the scan is complete, click ‘’
- Now open the QuickBooks Company file and see whether it is working or not.
Solution 3 – Turn off ANTI-VIRUS while using Safe mode
- Without changing the safe mode, Restart the computer
- Turn off the Running Anti-virus software
- Now create another company file
- Keep the system in a normal working mode
- Restart computer
- Open QuickBooks and open the company files.
- Check whether QuickBooks Error 6129 0 is appearing or not.
Solution 4 – Now rename QuickBooks network data files (.ND) files
- Look for (.ND) files in your various QuickBooks
- Rename the file- to do so first right click on the old name of the company file and select ‘’
- Enter ‘.OLD’ at the end of the file name and press ENTER
- You can open the company file now if you use only one computer. However, to access the same company file on various computers follow the below steps.
- Firstly, click Windows start option
- Now press on Programs and choose QuickBooks
- Click the QuickBooks Database Server Manager & press on the ‘Scan folders’ option
- If you do not see any folder that has a company file, then click ‘Add folder’ to add it.
- Click Scan, and when the scan is completed, then close it.
- Now open the Company file and see if QuickBooks is functioning or not.
Also Read: How to use QuickBooks Component Repair Tool?
Solution 5 – Make another envelope & explore QuickBooks Organization documents
- Firstly, create another Record Organizer
- Now put the QB organization documents in the new envelope
- Press Start and go windows and choose Programs
- Press on QuickBooks
- Choose QuickBooks Database server manager
- Click ‘ Scan Folders’
- If you do not see any organizer that has the organization document, then Press on Add folder and put it in.
- Now click ‘Scan’ and choose ‘Close’ when output is complete
- Now open the company document and see if you are getting QuickBooks Error 6129.
Solution 6 – Put all computers on the same domain
Get all the computers on the same domain and check whether QuickBooks error code 6129 is appearing or not.
To sum up
Finally, we suppose that you have fixed QuickBooks Error 6129 after applying any of the solutions. We always recommend updating the QuickBooks software before attempting the above-mentioned solutions. There is a probability of facing issues while resolving the error 6129. If you are also going through the same, get connected with our team of professionals. They know all the ways to troubleshoot all the issues related to the software. So ring us today at QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number 1-855-857-0824.