Undoubtedly, QuickBooks has gained popularity across the globe because of its exciting features and functionalities. You are allowed to choose one of the QuickBooks versions according to your business requirements. Each version comes with lots of features that make the software unique. Along with this, Intuit always introduces new features and updates to the software to make it popular among its users. Sometimes, you may need to void or unvoid a check while working on QuickBooks Desktop. If you are also looking for the steps to do so, you are in the right place.
In the following article, we are going to elaborate all the steps that will help you to learn “unvoid a check in QuickBooks”.
What Does “Unvoid a Check in QuickBooks” Mean?
Unvoiding a check in QuickBooks Desktop means to undo the check that has been voided by you. This is an automatic feature in QuickBooks for the paychecks. You should also know that voiding or deleting are two different things. You are allowed to do both of them according to the requirement. However, you can’t consider the delete option every time. Below, we have explained the steps to unvoid a check in QuickBooks.
May You Read Also: How to Delete a Deposit in QuickBooks?
How to Unvoid a check in QuickBooks Desktop?
Well, we would like to tell you that there is no scope to revert an invoice that has already been voided. However, you can use the options “Audit log” to check and enter the details again. The following is the list of steps that you can follow in order to unvoid a check in QuickBooks.
- First of all, you are required to choose the Gear icon.
- After that, click on Audit Log under the tools option.
- You are required to select the User Date and Event Filters in the filter list.
- And then, click on Apply.
- You have to locate the voided invoice.
- Go to the History column and click on View.
- Finally, you need to use the information from the Audit History.
Important Note: QuickBooks saves the details of the original transaction while reversing the voided transactions.
Hopefully, the aforementioned steps have guided you to get aware of how can you unvoid a check in QuickBooks. You can easily tackle the same error code with the help of this informative blog. If for any reason, you are getting issues and seek in professionals’ help, you are free to call us at our toll-free Accountantsquad’s Number 1-855-857-0824. In this way, you can get connected with our certified professionals who have much knowledge in handling QuickBooks related issues. Including unvoid a check in quickbooks , you can also take assistance in the matter of knowing about your software.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Follow the steps written below to reprint a check in QuickBooks Desktop:
1. First of all, launch the checks that you need to print.
2. After that, choose Print Later.
3. Click on Save & Close.
4. Choose + New and select Print Checks.
5. Click on the Bank account and choose the checks that need to be printed.
6. Finally, choose Preview and Print and then, click on Print.
A: The record of the check remains in the account and the check’s dollar amount changes to Zero.
A: if you void a check in QuickBooks, then the record of the bank account remains the same. But, the transaction amount changes to zero. On the other hand, if you delete a check, it will lead to removing the transaction in QuickBooks.
A: Go through the following steps to apply a check to a bill in QuickBooks Desktop:
1. First of all, you are required to go to the Vendors.
2. After that, click on Pay Bills.
3. Choose the bill that you need to apply.
4. Click on Set Credits and go to the Credits tab.
5. Then, mark on a check and press Done.
6. Finally, choose Pay Selected Bills.
A: Below written are the steps to clear a vendor in QuickBooks:
1. Choose Vendors.
2. After that, click on the Vendor who gave you credit.
3. Click on the vendor credit under the transaction list.
4. Choose more on the new page.
5. Finally, select Delete.