QuickBooks is a popular accounting software that is used by many users across the world. However, the hindrances that are caused here, need some thorough repair so that the problem does not retain for long. Quickbooks error 6000 308 means the system where software running is not up to date.
In this blog, we are therefore going to be helping you to repair this error code called 6000-308 and giving you some quick means to get rid of it. Let us begin!
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 308
The following is a list of all probable causes of QuickBooks error -6000, -308:
- If the documents are missing, then you might face QuickBooks 2019 error codes 6000 and 308.
- You are unable to access QuickBooks documents due to the blockage by the firewall.
- Due to virus or malware attack.
- If you have done some changes recently in your system.
Due to improper permissions for QBDataServiceUserXX or Windows user.
Solutions to fix Quickbooks Error 6000 308
Solution 1: Remove spaces after the company name and before the company file extension
- Sign out of QuickBooks Desktop from each device.
- Open to the folder wherein the company file is kept.
- Right-click on the company file and select Rename.
- Choose the name of the file, then check and remove any spaces between the file extension and the name of the company.
- Attempt to open or make a company file.
If this problem continues to persist, please move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Disable hosting with every device where QuickBooks is set up
For Single-User Access:
Note: Disable Hosting mode turns off multi-user access.
Step 1: Visit File > Utilities > Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
Step 2: When “Stop hosting multi-user access” message appears, choose Yes
Step 3: When the “Company file must be closed” message occurs, select Yes.
For Multi-User Access:
Note: This error generally means that multiple customer devices are wrongly installing to host multi-user access.
Step 1: On every client computer displaying the error:
- In the No Company Open window, choose File, then select Utilities.
- Confirm that the menu option Host Multi-User Access is shown. One or more client computers might display the menu option, Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, which shows they are already hosting multi-user access.
Step 2: Press the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option on any client device displaying the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, then follow the prompts to turn off hosting.
Step 3: Attempt opening the problem file again. The log-in window should now display. In case the problem continues, move on to the next solution.
Step 4: Visit QuickBooks Error Code Support for additional information.
Solution 3: Restart the client computer
Restarting the device will recover the system from scratch and wipe away the present condition of the software. If this problem remains, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 4: Follow standard data troubleshooting
It is possible that your company file has data damage. In order to resolve it, check Resolve data damage issues (basic troubleshooting).
In order to resolve QuickBooks error 6000 308, you just need to apply the solutions one after another that has been mentioned in the above blog. The causes of the same error have also been explained. So, you will be aware of the error codes 6000 and 308. If you are unable to get rid of this error and stuck at any step, then you can also take help from our dedicated team of experts at QuickBooks Error Support or dial our toll-free phone number 1-855-857-0824. We solve every query related to QuickBooks and provide you instant solutions.