QuickBooks Error 15104 – QuickBooks accounting software is being utilized by businesses irrespective. This software is equipped with exciting features that assist you to handle financial and other activities. QuickBooks may have trended, but when it comes to being software without having technical glitches. Then, this software is not much compatible. Since QuickBooks users have to face errors and bugs during accessing it.
QuickBooks Error 15104 is one of these error codes that happen due to the damaged Windows registry. In the following blog, we will explain “How to get rid of the error 15104”. Let’s start with defining the error 15104.
Introducing QuickBooks Error 15104
QuickBooks Error Code 15104 come across because of a damaged Windows registry entry or QuickBooks update. In addition to this, you may also get stuck into the error 15104 QuickBooks while installing the QuickBooks updates.
You would like to get some additional information regarding what QuickBooks Error 15104 is. There is nothing to worry about. As we have explained the causes and solutions to get rid of the error 15104 in the following blog. Let’s review the causes for QuickBooks error code 15104.
What May Lead to QuickBooks Error 15104?
QuickBooks Error Code 15104 may affect your QuickBooks-related company files. Here are some important reasons that need to be considered. Then, you can easily resolve the error 15104.
- If you are using QuickBooks in single-user mode, you may encounter QuickBooks Error 15104.
- Due to the damaged Windows registry, you have to face the error 15104 QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Error Code 15104 may also appear during installing QuickBooks updates.
- If you have done an incomplete installation of the QuickBooks software, then you can also get stuck into the error 15104.
Let’s take a look at some points that you should keep in mind.
Important Points that Should Take into Consideration
Here are some points that you should remember before applying the troubleshooting solutions to fix the error 15104. Also, you are required to switch QuickBooks to single-user mode only when you are using QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
Now, apply the following steps to check the mapped file location:
- Press and hold Ctrl + 1 to launch the Product Information window.
- After that, click on the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks.
- Go to the Options tab and check the information in the download location is right.
You May Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15271?
Exceptional Solutions to Get Rid of QuickBooks Error 15104
The main cause behind the error 15104 is the damaged Windows registry. Mentioned below are some quick fixes of the same error that need to be applied respectively. If you are new to attempt any technical solution, then we advise taking the help of any technician.
Solution 1: Perform a System Restore
- Firstly, you need to open the System Restore window.
- Click on the Restore Point.
- Now, you are required to click on the “Scan for affected programs”.
- Finally, choose Next and then, choose Finish to initiate the restore process.
The process of system restoring will not affect your QuickBooks files. Hence you can apply the above steps without taking any stress.
Solution 2: Reinstall QuickBooks in Selective Startup mode
Under this solution, you are required to follow some steps to install and uninstall QuickBooks in Selective Startup mode. Here are the steps to run QuickBooks without getting the error 15104 QuickBooks:
Step 1: Collect your Data
Before applying the below-provided steps, make sure that you have collected all the data. Given below are the steps to prepare the data:
- Firstly, create a backup of the company files related to QuickBooks.
- Secondly, you must have your license and product number. Along with this, have a copy of the QuickBooks Desktop product.
Step 2: Open your computer in Selective Startup Mode
It is recommended to switch your QuickBooks to Selective Startup Mode to prevent yourself get affected. Here are the steps to be performed:
- The first step is to press and hold Windows + R simultaneously to launch the Run window.
- After that, you need to write Misconfig in the Run window. And then, choose OK.
- Click on the General tab and select Selective Startup and Load System Services.
- Then, you need to open the Service tab and click on Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Choose Disable all.
- Make sure that you have unchecked the Hide all Microsoft Services.
- After that, you need to mark the Windows Installer Checkbox from the list of services.
- You need to choose OK.
- Finally, click on Restart under the system configuration window.
You May Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1402?
Step 3: Reinstall QuickBooks
Under this step, you first require to uninstall the QuickBooks software. And then, attempt to install the QuickBooks desktop again. This process is also named as clean installation of QuickBooks.
Step 4: Access QuickBooks to the Normal Start-Up Mode
Once you have installed QuickBooks properly into your PC, you require to restore the system to the normal mode. Mentioned below are the steps to do so:
- Press Ctrl + R to open the Run window.
- Write Misconfig in the Run window and press OK.
- Click on Normal Set up under the General tab.
- Select OK.
- Finally, click on Restart on the system configuration window.
Solution 3: Utilize a third-party Cleaner Program
- Firstly, you need to download and install Third-party cleaner software.
- After installing the software, you can access the software on Windows.
- The application will automatically detect the issue in the registry entry and fix it instantly.
- Finally, reboot the system.
Ultimately, we expect that you have gone through all of the aforementioned solutions for QuickBooks Error 15104. If for any cause, you are still experiencing the error 15104, then don’t fret at all. We have a team of experienced professionals who know the ways to handle all technical glitches.
So you are recommended to get in touch with our team without any confusion. In order to connect with our experts, dial our QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number 1-855-857-0824. We ensure that your all issues will be fixed shortly.