QuickBooks is well-known accounting software that makes carrying out complex accounting tasks easy and fast. QuickBooks software products are mainly targeted toward small and medium-sized businesses. While using QuickBooks, it is not rare to face certain errors. One such error is QuickBooks Error 12157.
QuickBooks Error 12157 is an update error that occurs in QuickBooks for Desktop. Anything that interferes with the update process can lead to this error.
What causes QuickBooks Error 12157?
It can occur due to various reasons –
- Date or time on your system is not correct.
- There is some problem with internet connection settings.
- The problem with firewall settings.
- Multiple QuickBooks are installed on the same PC.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 12157?
Following solutions can help you in solving QuickBooks Error 12157.
Rectify the date and time on your computer
If date and time on your computer are not correct, the QuickBooks update process can get hampered. To check and rectify date and time on your computer, follow these steps –
- Go to the clock on the right bottom of your computer screen.
- Right-click your mouse.
- Choose Adjust Date/Time from the list that appears after right-clicking.
- Specify or select your current date and time on the screen.
- After you have rectified the date and time, close this screen by clicking OK.
- Close your QuickBooks.
- Reopen your QuickBooks.
- Run QuickBooks update again and check if the QuickBooks Error 12157 is resolved.
Make changes in internet connection settings
Sometimes, QuickBooks Error Code 12157 occurs due to improper internet connection settings. Intuit recommends opening chase.com for checking your secure internet connection. Suppose the user is unable to open this website through your browser, it means QuickBooks updates cannot reach your computer. In this case, you have to get this issue resolved through your internet provider.
If the above-mentioned website is opening, follow these steps –
- Open QuickBooks.
- Go to the Help menu.
- Choose Internet Connection Setup.
- Choose – Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet.
- Click on Next.
- Open Advanced Connection Settings.
- Go to Advanced tab.
- Choose Restore Advanced Settings.
- Now, press OK and then Done.
Now, run QuickBooks update again and check if QuickBooks Error Code 12157 is resolved.
The error can also occur due to download accelerator. Disable it and check if the problem is fixed. If in case you are using a dial-up connection, do not use a connection that has a minimum speed below 28.8 Kb/s. Another reason, for this error, can be Parental Controls settings in America Online (AOL). Ensure that these settings are disabled.
Configure firewall or internet security settings
The update may not take place because your firewall and internet security settings are not properly configured. Make sure that ports 80 and 443 are active.
These files should have access – QBDBMgrN.exe, QBGDSPlugin.exe, QBLaunch.exe, QBServerUtilityMgr.exe, QBW32.exe, QuickBooksMessaging.exe, AutoBackupExe.exe, Dbmlsync.exe, DBManagerExe.exe, FileManagement.exe, FileMovementExe.exe, IntuitSyncManager.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe. Now, check for QuickBooks Error Code 12157.
Check if multiple QuickBooks are installed on the same computer
Check whether there is more than one installation of QuickBooks of the same version year on your PC. The error can occur because of multiple QuickBooks. If this is the case, you have to manually download and install updates for different versions of QuickBooks Desktop installed on your computer.
The solutions given above should fix the QuickBooks Error 12157. But, if you have a problem applying any of these solutions or if the problem does not get fixed, you can call on our QuickBooks Desktop Support Number 1-855-857-0824 to get expert technical assistance.