Intuit is a firm which has evolved with a radical solution named QuickBooks – accounting software. Regardless of being such a feature-rich accounting software which is ideally valued by its users, the fact that its users face so many QuickBooks errors while working on it, makes it revamp from a simple software to a complex one.
What is QuickBooks error 6144
Out of the many errors which QuickBooks has come up with, error code 6114 stands out because this error doesn’t let you perform any task through your main/other computers. Some of the symptoms which can be observed include:
- The active program window crashes once the Error 6144 appears.
- While running the same program, your PC frequently crashes with Error 6144.
- Windows runs sluggishly and counters slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- At times your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds.
Causes for this error comprise of the following:
- Incomplete installation or corrupt download of QuickBooks.
- A recent QuickBooks-related software change can induce corruption in the Windows registry.
- Corrupted Windows system files or QuickBooks-related program files due to a virus or malware infection.
- Pernicious deletion of QuickBooks-related files caused by some other program.
You May Also Read: How To Sync Transactions between Point of Sale and QuickBooks Desktop
How to resolve error 6144
Resolving QuickBooks error code 6144 means ensuring that QuickBooks is closed on all computers, antivirus has been disabled, and all the steps are being performed on the main computer excluding the last step. Follow these steps in order to resolve the issue:
- Start Services
- Change Account Type
- Create a new folder by the name of QB and Provide Read/Write options for all the created folders.
- Copy the Company File in New folder “QuickBooks”
- Verify that the Company File is copied at preferred location (In order to do this close the folder where you have copied the file and open it again through the same path as used in copying the file.)
- Create Inbound and Outbound Firewall Rules
- Similarly, “Add Ports” to the new Outbound rules
- Restore Company file on the main computer
- Open the Company File on other Computers (To perform this task, you should know the IP address of the main computer)
- Access Company file from other Computers
The manual procedure implicates performing Step 1 to step 9 on the main computer and following step1, step6 and step10 on all other computers running the QuickBooks application. You will have to repeat the same steps without any choice if you have 20 computers running QuickBooks application. And this is bound to hinder the normal working. In case of any difficulty, you can call us at our QuickBooks help desk phone number 1-888-502-0363 for assistance on this issue.