QuickBooks is undoubtedly a powerful accounting software that is embedded with potential features that handle the accounting and finance of businesses of all sizes and industries seamlessly. There are cases that the software stops and then displays error messages. One such error is QuickBooks Error 6103.
QuickBooks Error Code 6103 indicates certain issues prior to occurring like locking up of the software, sluggish performance of the computer, freezing of the process, set up and shut down issues, and another malfunctioning of the accounting program.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error 6103 Occurrence
Troubleshooting QuickBooks data files or network setup is the best option for you when the following error is encountered while opening s company file. This error can occur due to a variety of reasons, they are as follows:
- The most prominent reasons are restoring a backup directly from a flash drive or another removable storage device, name of the computer hosting the file was changed while hosting was on, disrupted network connection with the host computer, damaged company file, damaged QuickBooks Desktop data file or program files, multiple QuickBooks Database Services running in the computer, firewall settings that make sure to prevent QuickBooks Desktop files from accessing the major ports, damaged windows user, QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and a 3rd party Sybase 16 application installed on the same computer.
- If the network gets disrupted by the host computer this might happen.
- If the data file or the program file that you are attempting to open is damaged this error message might show.
- If the windows format you are using to open this file is damaged then this message will go off.
- You might face an error if multiple QuickBooks database services are running in the background.
- Your firewall setting might not allow QuickBooks to access the necessary ports.
You May Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15203
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6103
The users have been provided with both manual and automated solutions for flexibility. Manual solutions are for the advanced users and experts whereas, automated one is for the beginners. The solution that is considered widely reliable by many users is mentioned below steps:
- The use of QuickBooks File Doctor. QuickBooks 2016 and later versions may prompt you to use the inbuilt version of this tool, but we highly recommend you all to use the most updated version.
- After downloading the QuickBooks File Doctor tool, use the drop-down list to locate your company file.
- If the company file is not present then click on browse to manually locate it.
- After clicking on both file damage and network connectivity, enter the Admin password for your company file.
- Thereafter you will be prompted to choose Host/Server or Workstation. If the File Doctor is running on a workstation then choose Workstation otherwise choose Server.
- Next, choose yes if you are running File Doctor on a computer hosting company file otherwise select no.
- Finally, all you have to do is to wait patiently and let the File Doctor do its work and complete the diagnosis.
- After the tool finishes diagnosis, close the File Doctor and reopen the QuickBooks File to see whether the issue is resolved.