An adequate and proper display is necessary for great user experience while working on QuickBooks. However, at times the user encounters application issues on the system concerning ‘high-resolution graphics displays’ (the 1920 x 1200 resolution and more to include 4k & 5k displays). This blog will enumerate symptoms, cause, and solutions which can help in resolving the .
Symptoms of QuickBooks Display Issues
- Transaction form does not fit the screen
- Sizing icon at the top right window does not reflect
- A field overwrites & hides its label.
- Missing Buttons
- Distorted screen when you try to maximize or minimize it
- Huge fonts
- Blank Home page
- Paid status is truncated on the Invoices.
What is the reason behind QuickBooks Display issues?
QuickBooks is designed & coded for the DPI value of lesser than 100% (96 DPI). Many systems with higher resolution display consist of DPI Settings of 125 to 150% thus leading to QuickBooks Display issues.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Display issues
Now we know the symptoms and the reason behind QuickBooks Display issues next is to understand the recommended solutions to correct these issues.
Note: Changing default settings of your Windows DPI & the screen resolution will affect other programs.
Solution 1 – Modify QuickBooks DPI settings
- First, right-click on the QuickBooks icon and click ‘’
- Now in the compatibility tab, choose ‘disable display scaling on higher DPI setting.’
- Click ‘Apply’ and press OK
- Now Open QuickBooks and see if Windows are visible
Solution 2 – Modify Desktop view preference
- First, Open ‘Company ’
- Go to Edit menu, click Preferences>> Desktop view>> my preferences
- Switch view from ‘Multiple Windows to One
Solution 3 – Modify Windows DPI settings
It is crucial to change DPI settings as QuickBooks is designed to work with the ‘Default settings’ of Windows DPI. So, whenever you use anything other than Default values, then it will lead to display issues.
- Go to Control Panel and click on ‘Windows +X’ keys from the keyboard.
- Choose ‘Appearance and Personalization’ and click ‘’
- Go to ‘change item size section’ and click ‘Set custom scaling ’
- Select ‘100%’ from the drop-down list and press OK. Moreover, you can drag the right/left to adjust the setting
- Click ‘Apply’ and sign out for changes to reflect
- First, right-click on the Desktop and click ‘Screen ’
- Go to the bottom of Display settings and choose ‘Make text & other items bigger or smaller.’
- Ensure that the option ‘allow me to select one scaling level for my displays’ is unmarked.
- Now drag the slider to smaller than- 100%. This will ensure that the text and other items are at a normal
- Now save the work and reboot the computer for the change to take effect.
- First, right-click on Desktop and choose ‘Screen ’
- Now go to display settings, choose ‘make text& items larger or ’
- Click the option next to ‘smaller-100%. This will keep text and other such items in a normal
- Now save your work, and reboot the computer for the change to take effect.
Solution 4 – Modify screen resolution settings on the computer
- Right-click on the desktop and click ‘Display ’
- Go to the left pane and choose ‘Display.’ Here select ‘Advanced display settings’
- Click ‘Display.’ In the case you have a more than 1 display attached to your computer, then choose ‘display you need to modify.’
- Now in the ‘Resolution section,’ click screen resolution that is minimum 1024 x 768 or higher. Click ‘Apply’
- Click ‘Keep the changes’
Note: You will just have 15 seconds to keep the modifications or revert before the window goes back to its previous resolution. Screen resolution of 1920 x1080 is recommended.
- First, right-click on the Desktop
- Choose ‘Screen ’
- Search the resolution drop-down menu & choose a resolution that is a minimum of 1024 x 768 or higher.
Note: QuickBooks is not equipped to work in the resolution setting lesser than 1024 x 768.
- Choose OK
Hopefully, the blog helped provide you a comprehensive solution for resolving QuickBooks Display issues. In case you face any difficulty in determining this issue then call at QuickBooks error support number 1-855-857-0824.