Well, we all are familiar with the QuickBooks accounting software and the run-time error codes & bugs. Today, we talk about QuickBooks Script Error startup and the causes behind its occurrence in the given article. Script errors are considered as one of the most irritating and confusing errors that might encounter while accessing the QuickBooks software. This happens because script error in QuickBooks doesn’t allow any information. As a result, it becomes very difficult to understand the root cause of the script error QuickBooks.
If you are also going through the same error, follow the given article respectively, and fix the issue. You can get all the solutions required to resolve the script error. First, let’s introduce the error.
What is a Script Error in QuickBooks Program?
You may experience the script error when opening QuickBooks on the desktop. Furthermore, you will not be able to get any information during the occurrence of the script error QuickBooks. Including so, this doesn’t display any message that can be understood. You might find this error when the web page is not loading. This indicates there is some issue on the script page. We would like to tell you that the script error is a minor error and doesn’t cause any loss to your company files.
Still, it is recommended to resolve the error as soon as possible. Below, we have described some of the reasons that may lead to the script error QuickBooks.
You May Read Also: QuickBooks Desktop Vs QuickBooks Online
Causes For Script Error QuickBooks
Below are the possible reasons that might give rise to QB Script Error. You have to understand all of them before applying the under-mentioned solutions.
- While dealing with an account that has not been created before, this may lead to a script error.
- During importing an invoice or a bill that has a different account from accounts due, you may encounter a QuickBooks Script Error.
- The current account name or account number might also be the reason behind the error.
- You might also face a script error because of the blockage in the script processing functions.
Damaged or missing the active X components may give rise to QuickBooks Script Error startup.
How to Fix Script Error when Accessing QuickBooks?
We have already noticed that script errors are connected to Internet Explorer. As we know, this error doesn’t let you load the web page that indicates that “there is some issue in the script page”. To get rid of such an error, you can apply the following solutions that will surely help you out.
You May Read Also: Quicken Vs QuickBooks: Which One Will Be Better For Your Business?
Solution 1: Disable Add-ons on Internet Explorer
- Firstly, you are required to go to the Tools option under Internet Explorer.
- After that, choose Internet Options.
- Next, choose Programs.
- You have to select the manager add-ons.
- And then, choose the disable add-ons option.
- Finally, choose Ok to apply the settings.
Solution 2: Clear the Default Browser’s Cache Data
- First of all, go to the Tools after launching Internet Explorer.
- After that, go to the Internet Options and choose the same under the general tab.
- Then, choose the Delete option in the browser option.
- Finally, you are required to choose Ok.
If the script error QuickBooks still continues, then you can configure Internet Explorer and try to update the QuickBooks software.
You May Read Also: How to Delete a Deposit in QuickBooks?
Solution 3: Select Intuit as a Trusted Site
- First of all, click on the Gear icon in Internet Explorer.
- After that, go to the Tools and choose Internet Explorer Browser.
- Go to the Security tab and choose trusted sites.
- And then, choose the sites tab and enter https://inuit.com.
- Next, open add this website to the zone and select add.
- After that, you are required to apply the same steps for https://quickbooks.com.
- Choose Close and click on the custom level…
- You have to click on the enable option under “allow cross-domain requests”.
- Press Ok.
- After that, choose to apply and OK to shut down the internet options window.
- Finally, reboot Internet Explorer.
To Sum Up
This post contains all the required information that shows you how to fix “QuickBooks Script Error”. If you have any kind of doubt about the above-mentioned solutions or want some instant fixes for the same, quickly get connected with our team of experienced experts. For doing so, you are required to call us on QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number 1-855-857-0824.
We are here to provide you the best solutions for every issue associated with the QuickBooks software. When you dial our toll-free number, we redirect your call to our proficient experts who will help you out to fix the issue.