QuickBooks users may lead to QuickBooks Error Code 41 when an older version of a print driver activation code is used for a newer version of the driver by your QuickBooks Software. In addition, if you are using the integrated QuickBooks PDF Converter or the driver licensed by QuickBooks, then you may get QuickBooks Error 41 on your screen.
You can easily fix Error Code 41 by re-installing QuickBooks PDF Converter.
In this blog, you will learn the causes of Error 41 and its solutions to resolve the same error instantly.
Why QuickBooks Error 41 appears?
We have discussed all the possible causes of QuickBooks Error 41 as follows:
- If you have opened lots of applications without having permission then, you may lead to Error 41.
- QuickBooks shuts down automatically.
- If your PC crashes or QuickBooks freezes for a while.
- When you are not able to install or uninstall the applications.
- Windows are not getting updated.
- Due to the slow performance of the PC.
- If you have experienced a blue screen of death error while working on QuickBooks.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error Code 41
Undergo the following list of solutions to resolve Error Code 41:
Solution 1: Restart your PC
- Click on the Press Key.
- Choose the Right arrow just next to the Shutdown
- Select the Restart form the menu.
Solution 2: Make sure that the Printing Permissions are correct
- Go to the Printers Control Panel.
- Right-click on the Microsoft XPS Document Writer.
- Select Printer Properties (Windows 7 & 8) or Properties (Windows Vista).
- In the Security tab, click on Everyone User Group.
- If Everyone group is not on the list then follow the steps written below:
- Select Add and type Everyone in the field.
- Choose Check Names and click on
- Open the Allow column and select Print > OK.
- Run the command C:\Windows\System32\spool in Windows Explorer.
- Select Printers > Properties >Security tab > Edit > Add.
- Enter the Local Service.
- Make sure that the local service has full control then click on
- Create .PDF file in QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Download and install the Fix Tool
- Firstly, you need to download and install the Fix Tool.
- Select Scan.
- Once the scan is completed then click on the Repair to fix all the errors.
- Lastly, restart QuickBooks and check whether QuickBooks Error 41 still persists.
Solution 4: Disable Services from Startup
- First of all, select the Start button then type MSConfig to launch the System Configuration Utility.
- In the Service tab, select Disable All. If you don’t find it gray then verify the Hide All Microsoft Services.
- Open the Startup tab and select Disable All > OK.
- Restart your computer.
- If System Configuration Utility displays on the screen then verify the Don’t show this message or start the System Configuration Utility then select OK.
- Reopen QuickBooks and verify whether Error Code 41 is resolved or not.
Solution 5: Uninstall & Reinstall the USB Composite Device
- Select Start.
- In the Run Window, enter devmgmt.msc and press Enter to launch the Device Manager Window.
- Select the (+) just right to Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- Right-click on the USB Composite Device.
- Select Uninstall and press OK.
- Reconnect the USB cable to the PC.
Follow the instructions given below to install the drivers in the Found new:
- Right-click on the Printer icon.
- Select the Print Test Page to print a Windows self-test page.
- Shut down all the Windows.
We expect that the above blog assisted you in resolving QuickBooks Error Code 41 and if you are unable to troubleshoot this error on your own or want any kind of support then, immediately talk to our QuickBooks Error Tech Support at 1-855-857-0824.