QuickBooks is an important software required by small and medium-sized businesses for bookkeeping and accounting. It helps organizations in managing their finances properly. With its ease of use and advanced features, QuickBooks is definitely a very dependable and trustworthy accounting program. However, no software is perfect as every software is prone to bugs and errors. From time to time users of QuickBooks accounting software also keep getting QB errors, but these errors are not very frequent. So, while using QuickBooks, users may find their QB program throwing up an error on the screen having the name QuickBooks Error 6000 95.
QuickBooks Error 6000 95 pops up on the QB user’s screen suddenly when he or she tries to restore a company file. In the error message window, QuickBooks Error Code 6000 95 is displayed and the error message states that QuickBooks has encountered an issue.
When does QuickBooks Error 6000 95 Occur?
A QB user gets this error while restoring a QB company file. Usually, it occurs when the file that a QB user is attempting to restore is located on the pen drive and QuickBooks accounting software lacks permission to access the QB company file on the pen drive.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 6000 95?
QuickBooks Error Code 6000 95 can occur due to different reasons such as –
- A problem has occurred while the accountant’s copy transfer file is being converted to the accountant’s copy.
- Microsoft Windows operating system files have become corrupted.
- Files have become fragmented.
- Errors in Windows registry.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 12007
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6000 95
When this error occurs, one or more of the following symptoms may appear –
- QuickBooks may perform slowly and may take a lot of time to respond to your actions.
- QuickBooks may freeze or get crashed.
- Windows speed may get reduced.
- It will become difficult to run multiple programs or applications at the same time.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 95
In order to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 95, you can follow the steps given below. Always backup your Windows and QuickBooks data, before making any changes to your QuickBooks and computer.
- First of all, login into your PC as an administrator.
- In the search bar in the bottom left of your desktop, type Control Panel.
- Open the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, look for System and Security.
- Click on it to open System and Security window.
- In the opened window, look for System and click on it.
- The system window will get opened. In the left side of this window, find a link having the name: System Protection.
- Click on System Protection to open up the System Properties window.
- In the System Properties window, look for the System Protection tab and click on it.
- Click on the System Restore button.
- The System Restore window will open up. In this window, you will find two options – recommended restore and choose a different restore point.
- Choose an option and then click on the Next button in this window.
- If you get the list of restore points, you can choose the restore point that you want to use.
- After choosing the restore point, click on the Next button.
- A window asking for your confirmation will pop up on the screen. Click on the Finish button to confirm the restore point that you want to use.
- Let the process take its time to get completed. Do not interfere with the process.
- Update your QuickBooks software to the latest release.
- If in case, you are restoring your file from a server, copy the file to your PC with QuickBooks.
- Check whether QuickBooks Error 6000 95 is appearing or not.
If you are facing any problem in carrying out the above steps, or if QuickBooks Error 6000 95 does not get resolved, feel free to call our certified technical experts at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Number 1-855-857-0824. Our QuickBooks customer support team is available round the clock to provide solutions to fix QuickBooks errors and issues.