QuickBooks is a great tool to complete all accounting needs. Creating invoices is another essential task for all businesses. QuickBooks provides a great option of customizing invoices to make them as per your own ‘Invoice layout’ preferences.
In this article, we will understand how to customize your invoices, sales receipts & estimates.
The significance of customizing sales forms
The Invoice or sales form is vital as it reflects your business. The default forms are not elaborate, and professionals may not give you enough space to fill in all the required customer and business information.
With ‘QuickBooks customize invoice form’ option you can give a professional look to your business invoices. They can be elaborate and detailed as per your choice.
How to work with ‘Sales Tab’?
To customize the look & feel of the invoices, first, you need to go to the ‘Sales Tab’ in QuickBooks
- Click on the Gear Icon
- Choose ‘Account & Settings’
- Here we have eight key areas to set up:
- Customize ‘look and feel’- With this option, you can select the sales form template’s style & font.
- Content for the sales form- Now you need to select the customer payment terms, the delivery method and turn on or off the field such as shipping, transaction numbers, deposits, and
- Products & Services- Turn the inventory on or off as required and activate ‘Price Rules’ for the customers’ products and services.
- Progress Invoicing- The feature enables to bill customers in installments.
- Reminders- Select the auto-reminders, once the customer invoices are coming due or are past ‘due.’
- Online delivery option- Choose this if the customer prefers to receive invoices through email.
- Statements- You can select the feature if you opt to bill customers using the statement.
‘Customize Sales Forms’
Now let’s see how to customize ‘invoices, sales receipts & estimates.
Come on the ‘Sales Tab’ and choose the ‘Blue Customize look & feel option as shown below:
You are on the ‘Customize form style screen,’ and you can see five areas that you can customize for the ‘Business sales forms.’
1. Style- Select from the from five templates options which are Airy, Fresh, Friendly, Modern or Bold.
Every template given above is different in formatting & the number and type of fields that come on the invoice. The templates form the design only and do not impact the functionality. Therefore, you can entirely choose based on your personal preference.
2. Appearance- Choose the font and add the company logo and set margins.
You can modify the below-given info:
- Look & size of the ‘Logo.’
- The position of your logo in the invoice- left, center or on the right.
- Choose the font of your invoices.
- Select the ‘Line height’ on the invoice body. This a critical point, if you have a long product & service description.
- You can set the Page Margins you are using the ‘custom letterhead
3. Header- Decide the info that will come at the top of the invoice such as Company address, phone number & payment terms.
You can do the following changes in this tab:
- Form names- This is for the forms such as ‘Invoice, Estimate or Sales Receipt.’ If you want to call an ‘Estimate’ as a ‘Quote,’ you can modify the form here.
- Company- You can decide what info should appear such as email, website & phone number that should reflect on the invoice.
- Customer- You can fix the ‘payment terms & due dates here that will reflect in the invoices.
- Custom- This field will apply only if you have made the custom fields in QuickBooks.
4. Activity table- Select the columns that appear on invoices like quantity, description and price Activity Table- Choose the invoices such as quantity, description & price.
5. Footer- Determine what info you want to appear at the bottom of the invoices Select what you want. You can choose a small message for your customers for every invoice.
As you have made modifications in each of the areas, you can click ‘Preview or Print’ button given at the bottom to view the changes. Once you are happy with the form, then ‘save’ it.
Invoice customization is an excellent feature for progressing businesses. It gives you the option to produces forms as per your own choice and business needs. The article is comprehensive in explaining how to utilize this function. To get answered on queries and questions on any of the above content, you can speak to a technical expert at QuickBooks Online Support number 1-855-857-0824.