QuickBooks is a great tool to complete all accounting needs. Creating invoices is another essential task for all businesses. QuickBooks provides a great option of customizing invoices to make them as per your own ‘Invoice layout’ preferences.
In this article, we will understand how to customize your invoices, sales receipts & estimates.
The Invoice or sales form is vital as it reflects your business. The default forms are not elaborate, and professionals may not give you enough space to fill in all the required customer and business information.
With ‘QuickBooks customize invoice form’ option you can give a professional look to your business invoices. They can be elaborate and detailed as per your choice.
To customize the look & feel of the invoices, first, you need to go to the ‘Sales Tab’ in QuickBooks
Now let’s see how to customize ‘invoices, sales receipts & estimates.
Come on the ‘Sales Tab’ and choose the ‘Blue Customize look & feel option as shown below:
You are on the ‘Customize form style screen,’ and you can see five areas that you can customize for the ‘Business sales forms.’
1. Style- Select from the from five templates options which are Airy, Fresh, Friendly, Modern or Bold.
Every template given above is different in formatting & the number and type of fields that come on the invoice. The templates form the design only and do not impact the functionality. Therefore, you can entirely choose based on your personal preference.
2. Appearance- Choose the font and add the company logo and set margins.
You can modify the below-given info:
3. Header- Decide the info that will come at the top of the invoice such as Company address, phone number & payment terms.
You can do the following changes in this tab:
4. Activity table- Select the columns that appear on invoices like quantity, description and price Activity Table- Choose the invoices such as quantity, description & price.
5. Footer- Determine what info you want to appear at the bottom of the invoices Select what you want. You can choose a small message for your customers for every invoice.
As you have made modifications in each of the areas, you can click ‘Preview or Print’ button given at the bottom to view the changes. Once you are happy with the form, then ‘save’ it.
Invoice customization is an excellent feature for progressing businesses. It gives you the option to produces forms as per your own choice and business needs. The article is comprehensive in explaining how to utilize this function. To get answered on queries and questions on any of the above content, you can speak to a technical expert at QuickBooks Online Support number 1-855-365-6O12.