QuickBooks Payroll Error PS034 – Causes and Solution
QuickBooks Payroll Error PS034 encounter while updating QuickBooks Payroll or downloading Payroll Updates, etc. Furthermore, there can be other reasons that lead to this error. Restarting QuickBooks to see if the problem is corrected can be done to correct this problem. Though it is possible that this error PS034 does not go away with this simple solution.
In addition to what leads to QuickBooks error PS034, we will discuss the solutions to get rid of this problem. It is annoying and frustrating to get any error while you are working. Moreover, any interruption in the payroll process is not only time consuming, but it can also create a chaotic situation.
Causes of QuickBooks Error PS034
- An Invalid Tax table or Payroll Files
- Incorrect or Invalid Billing information given
- Corrupt QuickBooks Company file
- Intuit could not get the ‘Requisite files’ because of Invalid files or a Network failure.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS034
Method 1 – Restart and reboot
Restarting and rebooting the system solves several issues without any other steps performed. Hence this should be the first step you need to carry out to correct this error.
- First, log onto your QuickBooks Account
- Now Re-boot Computer and the concerned Database
- After the successful reboot, now log in again to your QuickBooks Account
- Shut down the background app if any are open
- Perform the update again
Also Read: How to use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool? [xyz-ihs snippet=”chat-button”]
Method 2 – Check and verify if you are a ‘Registered User’.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- To check whether you are a registered user – Press function key F2.
- You will see a product info window and there see the first entry to check whether you are a registered user in QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 3 – Check the new Updates & Info
- Go to the official QuickBooks website
- Now Log-in using the correct credentials
- Look for the newly released QuickBooks Updates
- Download the New updates (if any are there), and simultaneously eliminate the Compatibility error.
Method 4 – Scan files & your Computer
Do a scan for the QuickBooks Files and payroll updates. The scan will save your time and efforts by detecting the harmful files.
Additionally, use ‘Windows virus & threat protection’ to do a selective SCAN of the files & folders involved in QuickBooks.
Method 5 – Alter User Account Controls
Firstly, switch off User Account controls before beginning to Update. Do the below steps:
- Navigate to start
- In the search box – ‘Change user account control ’
- Turn off the settings
Method 6 – Check Anti-virus or Firewall settings
It can be a scenario that because of ‘Advanced settings,’ the firewall settings or anti-virus software settings are blocking the updates and causing the error. In this case, you either switch off firewall settings or white list QB payroll to avoid any such errors:
- First Go to start
- Search Firewall settings
- Now tap ‘Manage exceptions’
- Add program/software to the list
- Now from the displayed list – choose QuickBooks & Payroll’ and Press ‘Search’. Alternatively, you can directly switch off firewall settings until the updates are done. Perform the same action for externally downloaded /installed antivirus.
Whenever you face an error in QuickBooks, it is essential to perform the correct rectification steps to avoid further issues. If any wrong action is taken, that can lead to discrepancies. Speak to a QuickBooks Expert at QuickBooks Error support phone number 1-855-857-0824 to complete this process without more errors.